Europe USA compatibility Question

Username: Blurij

Post Number: 1
I live both in Europe and USA.
I want to buy a DVD recorder in Europe to record European TV programs onto DVD disks to be sent to the USA.
Will these European programs play on American TV's if I have a universal region free DVD player in the USA or are there still NSTC PAL TV monitor incompatibility problems ?
And if there are still NSTC PAL problems is there a computer program that will convert the DVD disk that I recorded the European program onto into a playable U.S.format? And how difficult is that to do ?
I'm also curious are there TV monitors in the U.S. that play both NSTC and PAL ?
I know this is an awful lot to ask some poor kind soul out there, but if anyone can help me through this it would be enormously appreciated.
My email if this info is needed is:
pete.robin@telenet.be

Thank you again in advance for any insight into this dilemma I'm pondering.
Pete

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2684
PAL compatible TVs in the U.S. are very rare, but can be bought online. That universal region free player would have to output NTSC, if it does, it will work in the U.S. If not you're best bet is to buy a DVD player that will convert Pal to NTSC, most players sold in the U.S. won't, but some will.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us