Something to think about!!!

Silver Member
Username: Hamtec

Post Number: 440
Just think that VS was the first to release fix for FTA and the rest have no fix as of yet. This sould let people know how inportant BL is to this community. If you would remember when n2 was hacked first BL needed VS to fix issues and VS needed BL to solve other issues they have and there working together is what broght us free tv. Know that VS is first and BL is away it is funny that hardly any other FTA is up and running so this should show people that BL is the main coder for 90% of all the FTA boxes. This is life I would not go out a buy VS just because they are first. Last fix pansat was first the fix before that one ariza was first ect. BL will have us a fix this weekend and all will be good.

Gold Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 1456
Don't say the rest. Because the dreambox is up and running for 3 days now.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 3049
BL is just a PR (public relations) man for Panarex....they've done a good job...they have people believing this dude can "walk on water"..many better coders out there than him...Pansat can't even fix the EPG's and autoTP's and other flaws in receivers they've had around for a long time now...all BL wants is the PR and to sell more receivers!

Bronze Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 50
It's very probable that VS found the fix and won't share it with DSS community because it means better VS sales for them, which is understandable. This time around they were first to come out with fix. I guess other FTA makers are still trying to figure out the solution. It's unfortunate that BL can't walk the walk when he talks the talk.

Silver Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 755
I'm sure the other programmers are ripping apart the new file to see how it works.
The Veiwsats have a strong processor, 160 mhz. That might be part of the solution???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
I think it's more about figuring out the proper algorithm to use for the cmd07 "scrambling". but it's true that because the data rate stream has been increase, older processors won't be able to keep up.

Bronze Member
Username: Pirate_pete

Post Number: 42
What processor speed is required to run cmd07 and what processor is in the 2700a?

Silver Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 758
MICROPROCESSOR AND MEMORIES
MAIN PROCESSOR STI 5518 BVB, ST20 32 Bit
CPU CLOCK 200 MIPS
FLASH MEMORY 2 MByte
SDRAM 8 MByte
EEPROM 32 KBit

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Good info Tyler but will it handle cmd07?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
I think anything above 90 MHz should be fine from what i'm hearing. We'll probably have a better idea once some of the fixes are out. Even in the plastic world the slower Atmega will be gone. In general, FTA receivers (non-clones) seem to be equipped with faster processors than plastic irds, so Pansat 2700 might make the grade.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
That's what I like to hear.But still want to upgrade after things settle down.Epg on 2700 su#k's big time.Every new bin is the same.

Bronze Member
Username: Veedubgli

Post Number: 12
Pansat 2700

Microprocessor & Memories

Main Processor Sti 5518 BVB, ST20 32bit
CPU Clock 81MHz(100 MIPS)
Flash Memory 2 Mbyte
SDRAM 8 Mbyte
EEPROM 32 Kbit

seeing how it only has a 81 MHz, than you are saying the pansat 2700 will be useless?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
Pansat 3500sd is probably your best bang for the buck.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
That and veiwsat seem to the contenders.How's epg on the 3500?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
We hope the 2700 will just cut it!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
I'm using bin v145 and the EPG works fine. I have up to 40 hours on all channels.

Username: Snake101

Post Number: 2
The pansat 2700a and the 3500 both have the same processor which I believe the 3500 will be out as well as the 2700a if you need 90mhz or more.

Bronze Member
Username: Tinfish

Post Number: 24
Is Viewsat working? Is it Xtreme or Platinum? Are these superior to Fortec Lifetime Ultra?

Thanks

Username: Ariza

Post Number: 10
viewsat is up and running lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 3080
Dishnet is continuing their cmd 7 ECM which they started on 1 June...Viewsat and Dreambox are ONLY FTA receivers up now...Rom 102 plastic is also working..

There was NOT a Dishnet key change today...

There was another Bell key change again today though..

New ACTIVE key...Bell.. 7 June

key 86/00 D1 15 0C 8E 66 82 D9 80 90 A9 20 20 37 07 87 08... ACTIVE

key 96/01 0C B7 0A F9 50 75 F3 5B 31 EC 79 97 5C D7 CE 1A

Bronze Member
Username: Sharpes84

Post Number: 52
lk,where can i find directions on changinging the bell keys?....I use autoroll and do the gag 2 keys but cant find where bell is for manual insert...
please advise

Bronze Member
Username: Qbee

Post Number: 16
LK - If no dishnet key change - why did all channels go scrambled around 4 PM??? a bin change??? (I'm a newbie trying my best not to make stupid posts)

Username: Jayben01

Post Number: 1
I tried the new viewsat bin, opkeys and satinfo file did a factory reset and reset satellite, lnb frequency. Still no b*v. Anybody got any ideas?

Testing Viewsat extreme with 2 lnbs, one on 91 other at 110

oh yeah, dish works fine. No b*v.

Post Number: 3
Oh yeah dish works fine but no bev. Using bin DBPSW_060607A_XTREME.PGM. Any ideas how to get bev up and running?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3088
How can U or any Pansat owner stay loyal to Pansat?..Look what Blacklist and Pansat has done so far!!!

1..created killer bins that destroyed genuine receivers owned by people like U and me!

2..never really improved the software, just released new bins every week which were really not better than the previous week..a big smoke screen to fool the Pansat owners..

3..continually made false promises of schedules and improvements which have never yet materialized.

4..in the beginning of the biggest ECM in FTA history, BL goes to his home country Germany allegdly on a "business" trip...does not return or work on a fix..alleged purpose of this trip is to sell more FTA receivers with HD in the future

5..Blacklist and Pansat have shown they are MONEY ONLY based and NOT customer service...they can't even fix the OLD pansats and all the bugs, nevermind this ECM fix ..This ECM started 19 May, OVER 3 weeks ago, but BL remains in Germany vacationing or trying to sell more receivers..at least Viewsat and the other coders worked diligently on the fix and did NOT ignore their customers as Pansat has consistently done..Viewsat stated they would get the fix and followed thru with their promise..I am not endorsing any particular product, just speaking the truth about Pansat and their terrible history!

I will NEVER buy another Pansat EVER again..I will buy ANYTHING, except a Pansat!

Bronze Member
Username: Vinidomine

Post Number: 54
I own a Pansat and a C00lsat... not sure who (NORW_) works the C00LSATS but I suppose they haven't yet posted anything... anyway, I too enjoy true FTA and so I seat and watch as the story unfolds while going alternative.
Let's hope for the best.

Vini

Bronze Member
Username: Tinfish

Post Number: 25
What would you recommend a Viewsat Xtreme or Platinum?

Bronze Member
Username: Billybeerboy

Carthage, Il United states

Post Number: 31
Ok guys lets touch reality here.The Pansat receivers are produced thousands at a time.Do you really think for a moment that nobody is working on this problem.No one just lets that much money build up in a warehouse without trying to find the answer.The person or persons behind all of this are screaming find an answer quick.Unsold receivers pose a problem with shareholders.So guess again and maybe think about all of this before stupid conclusions are drawn.Viewsat is only a temporary solution not a longterm solution.

Username: Cretan48

Montreal

Post Number: 1
Hey all you guys out there.I'm new at this so go easy!I got both pansat and a cs 5000. Both have been crippled however the cs is hanging in there for whatever reasons i don't know. The pansat keeps losing the keys and i need to enter them manualy almost every day! Will the pansats make the cut if the the mhz are incresaed?
Hey, hope the coders find an answer soon cause a lot of folks are counting on you!!!

Username: Tabo

Post Number: 4
Tin Fish, go for the Extreme like me and my buddies are doing. Specially if you have a nice LCD or Plasma screen that takes component cable in (better image quality).

Gold Member

Post Number: 3093
Bill...Nobody said Pansat wasn't worried or Nobody was working on a fix...U missed my point...Pansat';s CUSTOMER SERVICE HAS ALWAYS SUCKED AND STILL DOES...U RECALL your #1 coder from vacation when thousands are without the use of your product!..but NOT Pansat...they already have your money!

Username: Cretan48

Montreal

Hey there Lk. Is it allways like this or only when the receivers get hit! Seems that everyone is panicking and nobody really knows why. Who is this coder in Germany and why isn't he here on our behalf! trying to find a fix.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
PATIENCE! PATIENCE! SAID THE VULTURES AS THEY CIRCLED ABOVE WATCHING THE SLOW DEATH BELOW.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us