Windows wont recognize rs 232 cable!

Username: Homer_simpson_2

Post Number: 1
pansat 2500a does not get any channels, bought the rs 232 cable cannot get it to work. My pc is windows xp, and i was wondering if anyone could help me.

Bronze Member
Username: British

Post Number: 37
you need to know what bin you have, check for active keys, most of the old bins (271) and up will work.
To flash a box you need a loader (software 1.4 BL for newer bins). if you dont understand try to read newbies threads.

Bronze Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 17
Have to have the loader program, by default its com1, try com2, 3 so forth.

Username: Jimmrr

Post Number: 1
Probably you're using a wrong cable. Null modem won't work on 2500. Use straight through cable.

Bronze Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 51
Not only should you make sure you're using correct cable, but also i've found that some version of loaders don't work with certain models of receivers. You might want to try different versions of the loader program.

Post Number: 2
Where can i get a loader program?

Post Number: 3
i have a rs 232 male cable but then i have a female adapter to go into the reciever,in my computer it is not there anything i can do any programs?

Bronze Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 54
The cable must be "straight-through". It should also be a 9-pin db female at both ends.

As for the software, you can get it on many FTA/DSS sites.

Some receivers you have boot them while the loader program is attempting to upload to stb.

Post Number: 4
Ok i have the cable and now how to i get to where i can put files on my reciever like have the cable hooked up to pc and reciever but where do i find the file to put stuff on it????

Silver Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 716
do you need download the instrucction and file in dss***tester.com Read before start.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us