Which receiver can provide HD?

Username: Timdogg

Post Number: 2
Hi,

I am fairly new to this and recently purchased a plasma tv and would love to get an HD picture.
I also purchased a Super Dish with the 3 LNB's and a switch.
Which receiver should I go with where I can update it with no issues and not 2 much down time?
Another option I would love is to be able to record on it or another device to a hard drive.
Any help guys would be much appreciated!!! :-)

Username: Josharmour

Post Number: 3
pansat 3500 has hi def out put and it will pick up hi def feed.

Silver Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 636
HD, None of them, yet.

Bronze Member
Username: F_t_a_is_back

Post Number: 58
Actually, Pansat already has one..BL posted a picture of it at Future-fta..I will try to upload the pic later..

FTA

Silver Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 693
News of a new Pansat that is coming out but not yet released.
I think the Pansat 6000 has a hard drive that you can record to.

There was also news of a cools@ 8000, but again it has not been released yet.

Post Number: 3
Is that true? Hmmm....sounds good. Thanks for the info guys keep it coming!
Is this 3500 pansat easy to program? Do keys come out for this as frequent as the other receivers?
Since you know more than I do how about recording? I am in love with Tivo man! LOL

Silver Member

Post Number: 696
The 3500 is not HD capable; it only has the component outs.
The keys are all the same for all receivers.
The 3500 does have the nifty feature of using an SD card to upload files/bins to it.

Post Number: 4
Ok Thanks Tyler....glad I wasnt able to purchase it that quick lol.
Do you think the pansat 6000 is more what I am looking for with a drive in it and HD? I guess it would also use the same keys but arent some more difficult to update than others?
Sorry about all the questions...just a newbiee in need of knowledge lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 698
the 6000 is not HD either, but it does have the hard drive.
I think the new pansat HD will be the 7000 but is hasn't been released yet. BL states 'Finaly we are almost finish Pansat HD receiver and I have one with me. I will post the receiver picture with in a day. Just busy with lots of meetings, so The picture will be out to Here at Future-fta.info first.'
Not sure if it too will have a hard drive but my guess is no, as BL doesn't say anything about the hard drive?? It'll be pricy, probably in the neighborhood of 600-800 $$.

Pansats are fairly easy to enter the keys, though from some of the questions and problems posted here, one might think otherwise. Also, there are currently issues with some of the channels that has not been resloved. Not sure what the future of FTA will be, you'll have to stick around to find out.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us