Component Cable hookup

Silver Member
Username: Woofy

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 174
Hey all..i have a 43" sony projection tv hooked up to cable, plus a satellite receiver,also a vcr and dvd player.

I bought some component cable to get a sharper piture but i am not sure how to hook this up the right way.

on the back of the sony there are video 1 slots and video 3 slots, and component slots,,video 2 is on the front of the tv.

does anyone know how to hook this up properly or have agood link for info?
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 712
There should be two sets of 3 cable component (Pb, Pr, Y) ports. Use them for both set top boxes, matching color for color. (sat & cable) If you have digital HDMI ports you want to use them for the service you watch most. Same goes for the DVD player. The VCR will work best with an S-Video cable. Those single yellow video ports are good for a camera or an old game box.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 175
Thanks for the reply..thing is i only have one component port on my sat rec and one component port on the tv.

its an older sony 1999 i think... KP-43T70
coax in to the sat rec. to tv.
coax in from satellite lnb.

do i still need the cable coax fromt from the sat rec or does the component cable carry that signal now.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 714
The component connection does the job.

Coax is the worst connection method.
Single yellow is next to last.
S-Video is better,
Component is best.
Digital DVI/HDMI is the best for digital devices.

You would benefit from an inexpensive home theater receiver. Along with Dolby 5.1 surround sound you get multiple component inputs with a single component output to the set. I've seen good receivers with speakers for $150 and up.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 177
FYI...Thanks! your help is appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us