Sxrd 60'

Bronze Member
Username: Xxraiderxx

1, Ga Us

Post Number: 21
someone posted earlier that a newer sxrd model
will be coming out in the fall of this year
would the current model be worth buying or should i just a wait couple more months for the new one

Username: Datman

Post Number: 2
I'd say wait. The 2nd gen SXRD will be 30% slimmer, have 1080p direct inputs, and have a better light engine (I think that's the right term). However, the current model may be selling at a discount in order to clear inventory so if you don't think the above are a big deal then you might save some money by buying now.

Bronze Member
Username: Ju1cyfru1t

Post Number: 18
The new units are not going to be 30% slimmer. This was something that cnet (I think) assumed incorrectly, and we all know how to spell @$$-U-ME. If you go to http://news.sel.sony.com/en/press_room/consumer/television/microdisplay/sxrd_gra nd_wega/release/22354.html you can follow thie link at the bottom of the page. Click the 2006 TV link and it will take you to the new lineup. You can see that the new XBR2 is 20.6 inches deep while the 2005 XBR1 is 20.25.

To answer the original question, I would definitely wait for the next gen model (and am).

Username: Datman

Post Number: 4
Thanks juicy, although I coulda sworn I read on Sony's own news site that the new SXRDs would be slimmer. Anyway, the interesting news is that there will be two SXRD lines now, the XBR and the A2000. Both of them offer a 60". I like the horizontal speaker configuration of the A2000 a lot more than the "dumbo ears" speakers of the XBR. WOnder why they made the speakers on the 70" detachable but not on the 60"? The only thing I see that is different b/w the two lines is that the XBR has WEGA HD DSP. Guess we'll have to wait until they come out to see whether this is worth paying an extra $800 for.

Since Sony has announced the 2nd gen SXRD on June 1st, I think my suspicion that they may be for sale as early as July may prove true.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us