New To FTA DSS basic question.

Username: Dcarreiro

Post Number: 1
Hi All,

I am new to FTA and DSS. I just purchased a PanSat 3500SD box. My house is wired with disk network. It has a Dish 500 with both LNB's point in the right direction. My question is simple. If I connect the 3500SD with no software hacks, can I receive a couple of FTA channels? IE Local channels etc.. Just a way to test. Or do I have to flash it first. I am looking for a way to test before I start upgrading software.

All help is much appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2881
U may..depends upon what switches and LNB's they used...some/many DN installed switches and LNB's are NOT compatable with pansat FTA receivers..

if switches are compatable , then yes U will get some (NOT locals) TRUE FTA channels..if U read a pansat setup manual and place the correct receiver antenna/ LNB/ switch settings into the Pansat..must be same as LNB type and switch in attic or on roof...U will have to go up there and take a look and write the info down..

IF LNB's on dish say "Dish Pro"...that is good...otherwise MAYBE problems..and need to identify if they are TWIN or DUAL LNB's..pictured below..if U have a TWIN, but NOT "dish Pro", then U cannot use your dish!

Dual.......Upload

Twin........Upload

Username: Dcarreiro

Post Number: 2
Hi,

First off thanks for the info. The LNB that I have looks identical to the Twin LNB. It has the dp on it and all. So with this configuration I should be able to catch FTA, as long as the are setup on 119 and 110, correct?

Thanks again.

Silver Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 584
10-4 David, you'll be able to see 10 and 19.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us