Does anyone know how to manually program a Spacestar DVB 5000

Username: Rickn3car

Post Number: 2
This thing keeps kicking out the new keys when they are entered. What do I need to do so I can load the keys manually using the remote?

Silver Member
Username: Wakenbake

Post Number: 149
Spacestar manual key change:

Press Menu--> Configuration--> Embedded Cas--> Nagra 2--> The press idea Dish Part1.

There you will see F1 & F2

Update F1 with the first 16 digits of the new idea key. Update F2 with the second 16 digits of the idea key.

After updating the keys, press "EPG" to save then press "EXIT" and watch tv!

Username: Rickn3car

Post Number: 3
thanks for the look...but when i try to enter the keys, hit epg, and exit out then the numbers change or revert back to the old numbers that are bad (the numbers i am replacing will not "take" ot stay in)? I do not know what is up with it? It had been updated by a PC plugin program once as month ago and i have manually programmed it by using the remote once before this but now it will not accept the new keys (i just spoke to another friend who has the spacestar 5000 and he cannot manully program his????...he hasd the same prob as i do)

Silver Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 564
Rick,
Sounds like your auto roll bin is working and then overwriting the keys you manually enter.
You'll need to figure out how to stop it.
Either turn it off if your bin has an on/off switch or try renaming a satellite, then enter the keys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us