Vcr to dvd recorder hookup?????????

Username: Filmreelgirl

Post Number: 1
ok this is about the most frustrating thing i believe i have ever tried to deal with. ok i need to record vhs tapes both of tv programs and actual movie tapes to dvd so i got this crap to do it with and can't seem to hook it up right. i have a magnavox mwr10d6 dvd recorder and a hitachi vcr that i am unaware of the model of. i also have a satelite that would be hooked to the same tv if possible to explain how to do this with :-). i have av cables and rf cables to use for hookup. i have tried every hook up i can think of. only one set up allows both to play on the tv but the recorder only records fuzz when hooked up this way (of a tape recorded off the television.). the other hookup allowed the tape to play on the tv but the dvd would not play through any channel or input. it allowed it to record the satelite show that was playing on channel 3 while i had the vcr playing a tape on the same channel? so i am all confused... can anyone help? i have people counting on me getting these tapes to dvd so they can see screen captures of them.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2637
Connect the cable to the DVD recorder in, then out to the TV. Connect the VCR to the DVD with RCA cables and set the DVD recorder on whatever input you used to record VHS. Hook the DVD to the TV with, in order of preference, the triple components, s-video RCAs. You'll need to set the TV on whatever input you used to watch DVDs.

Post Number: 2
got everything hooked up the way you said. and the dvd player will play in F-Vid. the vcr will not play on any channel, f-vid, or video, with or without the other equipment being on. what could be wrong?

Post Number: 3
scratch that - i finally got it :-) hahaha thank you for your help ;-)!!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Mundo68

Post Number: 1
When copying VHS tape to DVD, I get stopped due to the compywrite on the tape. Someone on this site made a suggestion of fast forwarding the tape when this happens and then begin recording again. Would this work? Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us