Green color with Samsung DLP

Username: Tberger

Post Number: 1
I have a Samsung HLN507W1X that I bought about 1 1/2 years ago. It has worked great until recently. I suddenly started getting a picture that was very green. I figured it was probably the light bulb, so I replaced it. That seemed to fix the problem for a week or so. Now, when you first turn the set on, the color is great, but after a while (time varies), the color of the picture turns very green. Any ideas?????

Username: Cocomf

Post Number: 3
Did you find out what the problem was here. I may be having the same issues.

thanks
Corey

Username: Tberger

Post Number: 2
I'm not sure what did it but......
I took apart the back of the set (took the cover off and removed the lamp), cleaned and vacuumed everything and re-adjusted all connections. I didn't see anything that appeared wrong. Then I put it all back together. The color has been great ever since. I don't know what changed, maybe just connections, but I'm not complaining.

Tim

Username: Old_tv_man

Post Number: 4
For what it is worth I just had a similar problem with my HLR4667WAX/XAA It was under warr and the tech replaced I think he said the digital panel.
Go to the service mode.IE: with set off press mute 182 and power on. the menu should appear. go down to "index delay" and enter (nothing will be changed at this time) look at the 4 horz lines white, red, blu, green, all should be exactly the same from left to right(from grey to color) if they are unequal. remember the number you see for index delay and you can return to it if you change the setting. Changes can be made at this time. I have not tried this myself but if the picture was fine when cold and the green (in the shadows) flaired when hot,this might help correct it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Remember the index delay number and you can return to it if nothing helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us