Question about Bell??

Username: Pjb

Post Number: 4
My buddy asked me today if i could get him a FTA recevier, but he wants it to catch bell. The thing is that he has bell already and is paying every month for it, and he has 2 receviers. 1 in his room, and the other in the basement.
Now he wants to replace the basement recevier with the FTA one, and still keep paying bell every month, (he signed for a 1 yr contract with bell and he's renting their system).
Now i am just wondering is this a good idea?? Is bell any good? I have dish, and its great, so i have no clue how bell is and how often it goes down.

All he really wants it for is to catch the PPV ch's so that he can watch his WWE PPV, and boxing PPV. And he only has one dish and he's catching signal 91.

Any info would be great, thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Aanaa

Post Number: 52
my opinion:
buying FTA is cheaper but not guaranteed
taking a chance
now PPV is not coming on bev. -takes time
u said paying for 1 yr contract for limited channels only
FTA gives more choise
but no PPV yet

Post Number: 5
How long are the PPv's usually down on bev?

I just don't want the dude to spend the money on buying a FTA so he can watch PPV's, and then there is no PPVs

Post Number: 6
*bump

Silver Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 534
Up until recently, they were not down at all, aside from a key change or two which would only take a minute or two to get going.
The recent ECM's have lasted 6 days no PPV and then back on for 2. These are unusual times though.
But aanaa says it best, there are no guarantees. The whole thing could crap out tomorrow. It's a risk/reward sort of thing.

Bronze Member
Username: Micklee11801

Post Number: 24
I have a pansat 2700a and are watching BEV. I don't get my Vu movies channels. Do you guys have the same problem or there is a new fix bin out there? thanks.

Silver Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 539
Everyone is in the same boat mickey lee.

Bronze Member
Username: Micklee11801

Post Number: 25
thanks Tyler. just checking to see if any new bin out yet.
Do you know if I load the new bin 271, Which GT loader should I use? thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Neurosis

Post Number: 16
kinda strange that direct tv is "locked up" but the other 2 aren't. You would think that if one company can do it so can the others.

Bronze Member
Username: Neurosis

Post Number: 18
sorry went off topic
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us