Sony GXD RDR 500 recording probs help !

Username: Dontbuysony

Post Number: 1
Please can anyone shed any light on this problem,
my (replaced under warranty, but with a b****y refurbished machine) DVDR has stopped recording/formatting and playing certain discs...comes up with 'error C1300... the disc is dirty'
This happens even with brand new out of the packet quality discs.

can I do anything to fix this problem myself or will it be a hand in the pocket job ?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2624
What brand and speed are the discs? Some standalones don't like 16x discs.

Username: Dontbuysony

Post Number: 2
I've been using Sony and Verbatim DVD+RW, not had a problem with them for months, but the machine now says every disc I insert needs cleaning, I phoned the Sony 'helpline' (a contradiction in terms !) and was told to use a cleaning disc, but having read the manual, it's not recommended for this model.
Should I risk it and use a cleaning disc ?

What's really p'd me off about this is that the original unit, bought new from Curry's developed a fault and was replaced by them as a straight swap, for what I believed to be another new machine, but when this one started throwing a wobbly, I looked for the serial number on the back and found a discrete 'refurbished' sticker !!
now of course, they don't want to know about it !!

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2629
A cleaning disc will work sometimes. If you smoke the lens gets dirty faster. I've seen a lot of complaints about Sony recorders, you're not alone.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us