What has happened to this site?

Bronze Member
Username: Pinkpiper1

Lafollette, TN United States

Post Number: 12
What in the world has happened to this forum?
I have been a member since march but have been scouring this forum for much longer and can't believe how bad it has gotten!

I was under the impression that this was a helpful forum but now it has turned into a place for people to vent. People here used to try to help or at least show respect to let you know that you were welcome but now this forum has turned into a bashing board.

When I first started visiting Maple leaf, LK and a few others would jump at the chance to help. True, I don't know who is really behind the user names and if thier intentions were good or not but at least they replied which made you feel welcome.

Maple leaf was a bit harsh, but I did see him offering to help in his own way. Certainly I don't spend enough time on here to know who is well intentioned or who is not but at least he did reply. Just thought he was a bit grouchy but still helped where he could.

LK was always the first to jump in on a help thread and many others always offered what they knew.

Now, all I see is a bunch of bashing, trouble and confusion. Nobody replies or welcomes you anymore. It is like they are shunning you. I thought maybe it was because I had posted with my user name "pinkpiper1" in the past and now notice it posts under Tinacan however I also see that my user name is still included in the posts. I never knew I was unwelcome here but for those of us that apparently are, please jump in and say so. I take hints however when I have posted in the past with such a wonderful response of help, I am not aware that the next time I will no longer be welcome.

I really appreciate those of you that have replied and helped in the past. I will find another forum where I am welcome however I have really enjoyed this forum in the past and hope it will get back to what it was intended for.

If anyone is WILLING, please reply with any good helpful DSS forums.

God bless you all and thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Tonyparker

Post Number: 30
LK is behind all the bashing! Don't let him pull the wool over your eyes. I am the protector of all the victims. LK is my personal project, his mommy didn't teach him any manners or that he should wear boy clothes rather than girl clothes. If anyone other than LK tries to help he gets a little pissy, so you might have to wait for him to show up to copy and paste som material from another forum.

Silver Member
Username: Wakenbake

Post Number: 128
your post
is bs

Bronze Member
Username: Tonyparker

Post Number: 31
whatever you say LK!

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
huh!!
LacKey,
is behind evreything

Bronze Member
Username: Grimreeper

Post Number: 91
Tina a really good place to go now is dsscomunity,com theres lots of info and no bashing.go over there and register its free then post in the fortec section and ill try to point you to the stuff ya need

Silver Member
Username: Johnner

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 174
This forum is one in which people like LK are extreme knowledgeable and are willing to help.
When questions are ask without any intension of search in the forum if it had been answer before, then it's reasonable to get people in a NOT WNAT TO HELP MOOD.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
THANK YOU GRIM!!!! I really appreciate the help. I don't understand why it has to be this way. I came here over a year ago when I found out about the boxes and eveyone was really great! Now it seems like if your post doesn't contain some sort of negative bashing, nobody bothers to read or reply.

This is no longer a help forum or for that matter a subject forum. It is now simply for those whom have beefs with others to vent and bash. I am the mother of two children tying my best to find time to fix thier box just so they can watch chicken little! LOL Goodness, I don't have time for all the drama as I am certain, not many of us do.

I don't know you DaMAn & Wakenbake but I sincerely DO appreciate you at least acknowledging me. I was beginning to feel invisable LOL Now if either of you could see it in your heart to read my first post and give me some input, I would really appreciate it.

Please forgive me for being so outspoken but I just really need help!

I registered at dsscommunity about 20 minutes ago but still haven't received an email. Just being patient and waiting LOL

Grim, you sound sensible and level headed and certainly sound like you are here for the right reasons... would you please look at my first post and see if you know of anything I can do? My kids are driving me nuts over the chicken little movie and with all this drama and not the first sign of help aside from you, I am heading towards a nervous BREAKDOWN!!!

God bless you for being decent and again, thanks so much.

THANK YOU!
Tina

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
best to explain problem then complain
about it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Johnner, thanks to you also for at least acknowleging me. As I say in my posts, I don't know enough about anyone here to judge. LK has been one to help on every one of my posts so I respect him and all for that matter. I sincerely understand about people wanting somebody else to do all of the work and reap the rewards but please believe me when I say, this is not the case.

I am the working mother of two children. I have a seven year old daughter with cerebral palsy & epilepsy which requires a lot of attention. I am only on here now because my hubby is home to help. I understand that I am not the only one with a hectic life and please understand, I am not telling this for sympathy, I simply want everyone to know this is why I am only on once in a blue moon and not someone that just comes here for a quick fix.

I have honestly been on here all evening trying everything from every post I can find. I do research, do try to fix myself and cerytainly do appreciate those trying to help! I just find it extremely confusing when one tells you to do this and somebody comes right behind them telling you they are wrong.

I have two boxes sitting here useless where I tried what one said only to have another come and tell me it was wrong. I just want to find out the right way to do it, is that so bad?

I wouldn't even be here if I didn't respect everyone's oppinions. Anyway, is this forum not to help other's that need it. I'm not saying to do it for them but if you were new to this, wouldn't you be confused after reading some of the past posts?

I'm trying to learn and if and I say IF I ever learn what I'm doing and someone new comes on the board that seemed to be trying to research, I would have the common courteousy to try and help them.

Thanks and God bless you all

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Wakenbake
Easier said than done.
I did explain under thread "Hi Guys! Help with fortec ultra Please and thank you" however this is what it led to.

It's funny that I get all kinds of replies under such a subject as "What has happened to this site?" and none under 'help please and thank you"

This is what led to me saying unless your post contains something negative, no one is interested.

Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
thats the nature of the beast
atleast at this site

Gold Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 1420
If LK wants to stay here and help, he's more than welcome. But he can stop his complaining or leave. For the 15th time.

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
LacKey
never posted in this thread
its Tinacans rumblings

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2685
Maple...again quit following me like a little school girl in heat..find something positive to do in your life..

BTW...I'm going boating ,drinking and fishing later so U can take a break from following me..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1422
I don't follow you anywhere Mr. I've been here all along and I don't threaten to leave every time somebody makes a post I don't like. You're the one that uses this forum like a revolving door. Go back and look at your own posts, at just how many times you've said, "Now I'm mad and pouting and everybody come with me." "If you don't ban these people, I'm gone." "I'm not helping here anymore till these people are gone." And yet you never leave. Just empty threats. Like I've said before, you're very helpful to people with Pansats and other makes of FTAs and that help is appreciated. But you've made yourself the laughing stock of this forum with all your whinning and moaning.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2689
and U have given me more notoriety than a virgin at a Bike rally!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1424
If that's a Thank You...then you're Welcome.

Bronze Member
Username: Thechiz2

Mars, Ur anis Mine

Post Number: 80
same thing that happened back in nov-dec 05 when our good friend knee-gro was here

Bronze Member
Username: Punjavi_doo

Post Number: 46
yep .. they have there ups and downs

but deep in there hearts

there like Sugar Pie & Honey Bun

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us