Cyberhome CH DVD 300. No more DTS??

Username: Guitarman3001

Post Number: 1
I just bought one at Best Buy. Everything works ok except it won't play DTS audio. When I select DTS on any dvd, I get no sound to my receiver. It's like it's not even sending out the DTS audio. I read somewhere that previous models had the DTS logo on them. Mine doesn't. Do the newer ones not have DTS support? Is there any firmware update or maybe even a downgrade that will enable DTS?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2599
Go into the audio menus and if there's a DTS option, set it to bitstream.

Post Number: 3
I checked. The only audio options are Digital audio on or off. If it's on, then I have the option of Raw or PCM. There is no DTS option anywhere

Post Number: 4
and to add to the list of minor problems, the picture seems to be somewhat greenish. I can adjust the tint on my tv and turn it almost all the way to red, but it still doesn't completely resolve it. Any ideas? I didn't see any type of color adjustment in the cyberhome's menu.

I know I shouldn't complain too much over a 29.00 dvd player, but if I could resolve these minor things I'd be a lot happier.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2600
Set to Raw, if it's DTS compatible, it should send the signal.

Post Number: 5
That's what I did. It's not sending the signal though. That's why I'm wondering if maybe the newer models don't support DTS any more.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2601
Are you using a digital output? TOSLink or coaxial. Is the receiver DTS capable?

Post Number: 6
Digital coaxial. And yes, the receiver is DTS compatible. I have a Liteon LVD 2001 that works just fine with DTS. I bought the cyberhome because the liteon stopped playing DVD+Rs and I just wanted something cheap to play my homemade dvds. I have a decent setup though. Toshiba HD DLP, onkyo receiver, etc...

Any idea on the green tint problem?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2602
Green tint is probably just the cheap player. I picked up 2 JVC players on ebay for less than you paid for that one.

Post Number: 7
Were the JVCs progressive scan and region free, convert pal to ntsc, and play all dvd and cd media? If yes, what models were they? I need something that can be made region free and will convert pal to ntsc and will play just about all dvd formats. If JVC has one, I'll just take the cyberhome back and pick up a jvc.

My liteon did all of the above but suddenly stopped playing homemade DVDs.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2604
The JVCs are progressive and play all disc formats, that's all. If you want all that, you've pretty much got to go with a cheapie player and live with any problems. Most major brands won't convert PAL to NTSC and can't be remote hacked. You could try cleaning the lens on the Lite-On.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us