Need help hooking up DVD recorder

Username: Parkerclay

Monroe, LA USA

Post Number: 1
I need helping hooking up my DVD/VCR recorder to my TV and cable box. Right now I have TV going into "cable out" on my cable box. I have "cable in" on my cable box going into my splitter. My splitter also connects to the cable in from the wall and the third prong goes into the power adaptor. How do I hook my VCR/DVD recorder into this setup?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2576
If the box has s-video or RCAs, connect them to the recorder and set the recorder on line.

Monroe, LA USA

Post Number: 2
What confuses me is the splitter. Right now, 1 input is from the AC adaptor, 1 is from the incoming cable (wall) and the 3rd goes into the 'cable in' part of the cable box. Which one of these need to stay intact?

Thanks!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2578
If you use s-video or RCAs, you don't need to change anything with the coax to record from the box. The cable into the box needs to stay there.

Monroe, LA USA

Post Number: 3
I do what you said but I can't change channels on my VCR/DVD recorder. When I attempt to play a movie, it become all blurry. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks & happy mothers day!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2583
You can only get analog channels on the recorder, digital channels have to be done on the box. If you want to get analog channels on the recorder, split the incoming cable to the box and recorder. How is the recorder connected? It should be connected with, in order of preference, the triple components, s-video, RCAs.

Monroe, LA USA

Post Number: 4
I am trying AF and components.
My cable box has this setup:
OUT 1 OUT 2
Pr o o o
Pb o o o
o o o
Video Audio Video
y/x Out

My VCR/DVD Recorder looks like this:
Component Video Out
Y Pb Pr
o o o
o o o
R Audio L Video

and

DVD/VHS Common Out
Audio Video
o o o
o o o
R Audio L Video

Gold Member

Post Number: 2585
Don't use the RF for recording from the box, use s-video or RCAs. To record analog channels, split the incoming cable to the box and recorder. If the TV has component inputs, use those for the DVD. You'll have to connect the VCR seperate from the DVD if using the components.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us