Ariza receivers, 700 and extreme

Username: Rhsat

Post Number: 1
Hi all,

I'm completely new to this forum and I'm sure I will likely ask something that is somewhere else. However, after looking around I couldn't find my answers.

Ok...my list of issues:

1. I have two satellite's at my home, one catching echo 3 and the other echo 7 dishnet. Issue is as such, these two satellites are fed through a 4-1 switch coming into my home. From there I have a 4 Location DBS Hub inside my house. This device is designed to distribute a DBS satellite dish signal to up to four separate DBS receivers and television locations through a single coax cable, so you can watch satellite programming from anywhere in the house. This device is from Honeywell (a FutureSmart product - designed for their super pro panels; model HBDS-4). I'm not sure this is the ideal setup, if anybody has a better alternative, let me know.

My problem is as follows: I've been successful in setting up echo 3 on all my receivers (Ariza 700 and Extreme)...however, once I setup Echo 7, I cannot have more than one receiver on at a time to work echo 7 channels. Why is that? What is happening, is as follows. I setup each receiver individually. But once I add Echo 7, and I turn on my Ariza Extreme receiver, it won't work unless I have the other two receivers (Ariza 700's) off. And vice versa for the other receivers.

2. Second issue: My Ariza Extreme receiver...how do i program for new keys? As many know it went down a week or two ago. But I don't know how to get to the menu to update the keys. I need help for this? It doesn't seem to work like my Ariza 700.

Well that is it. Please note I'm new. If I have said anythign that seems stupid or basic, please excuse me for not being savy enough yet. And please keep in mind I'll need detailed instructions if you have solutions to my problems, LOL...THANKS A BUNCH.

Silver Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 232
Point two.
go here.
[link removed]
I'll get back to you on point 1 after a bit of research unless someone else can help you with it before that.

Silver Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 227
Bill: Point two too: In this another option you can register and download this manual. http://forums.dss***tester.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=40987
Tyler is very fast boy :-).
ps remove *** copy and paste in your current browser.

Silver Member

Post Number: 233
point two again.
This for manual key change.
http://forums.dsstester*com/vbb/archive/index.php/t-53272.html
remove the '*', replace with '.'

Silver Member

Post Number: 234
LOL
Nice link Sunshine!

Silver Member

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 229
Bill check this site:
http://www.kusat.com/go.php?path=/install/locate.php

Silver Member

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 231
Bill: http://forums.dss***tester.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=42057
ps remove *** copy and paste in your browser

Username: Rhsat

Post Number: 2
thanks all.

The info has been very helpful so far. I'm sure I'll still have issues, but at least now I know what is causing some of the issues and i've educated myself a bit.

Tyler Durden, when I get into the manual key change on my Ariza Extreme unit, it has so many lines of key combo's. What do I do. Do i leave the old key's and add the new ones? It seems all a bit different from the Ariza 700

Next step is to map out my system. Three satellites I think (2 so far) and four receivers. Now I have to make it work inside my house with the appropriate hardware.

Silver Member

Post Number: 244
How many lines of key combos are you talking about, and how many characters in each line.
Which satellites do you currently have, just the echo3 and 7?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us