Samsung HLR4266W w/ Geforce 3 Ti 500 connection problem...

Username: Driverayyz

Post Number: 1
just wondering if anyone out there is experiencing the same problem I am having: I am trying to connect my Samsung HLR4266W HDMI port to my video card DVI port, and I am not having much luck.

I can read the PC boot sequence on the TV as it's booting (Bios info, drives, etc.), so I know the connection is working, but as soon as the Windows XP log-in screen loads, it goes blank! I can't see anything... I have to either shut it down, or disconnect it and then connect to the S-Video port, which looks like crap, but then I can at least see the Windows log-in prompt... I just don't know what's wrong?

if anyone has experience with hooking this TV to your DVI card (Geforce or Nvidia in particular), could you give me some info or point me to a link that has some info on this set up? I have no idea how to resolve this problem... thanks.

Username: Trepegroupieone

I actually have the same exact symptoms right now, excpet I am conecting my GeForce 3 Ti 500 DVI port to a Sony Trinitron DVI input, I belive the model number is KD-36XS955. I have had sporadic success with the display activating, but I have yet to have it display properly. I found that if you uninstall the nvidia drivers using the add/remove programs option in the control panel, after I restart the display works. However, there is a display problem, I think it's called overscan, where the amount of desktop that is displayed is too large for the screen, so the edges are cut off. I am going to try messing with different resolutions next, and reinstalling Windows if necessary. However, the display only works if I do not install the nvidia drivers when WIndows finds new hardware after this restart. If i do, i lose display signal. I happened to run into your inquiry while looking for a solution myself, and I thought you might want to try this at least even though it's not a complete solution. good luck to us both :-)

P.S. I am also using a DVI-D single-input cable, even though both the TV and video card ports have all the pins available for dual-input. I'm not sure if that matters.

Post Number: 2
it's funny, I did try the same thing (before I even read this): uninstalled the Nvidia drivers, and I was able to boot into Windows, but as soon as I load the drivers... it's gone. I'm using the most recent drivers, so I know it's not an "outdated drivers" issue...

the problems are very similar, except I'm going from DVI (my video card) to the TV's HDMI input... I am starting to think I am SOL on this... but I'm gonna keep trying! If I come up with some kind of solution, I'll post it here, and please do the same if you come up with anything as well... thanks Trepegroupieone!

Username: Trepegroupieone

Post Number: 2
Unfortunately, I gave up on this one. This was for a living room PC, and we decided that we would run some games on it too, so I switched out the video card from my room computer (I think it was a GeForce 6800) for this one, and everything worked fine with current Nvidia drivers (84.21). Maybe this is a bug with those older cards + newer drivers? Anyways, that day at work before I gave up i started looking some more and I stumbled upon some more info that sounded odd. (this is from memory because I forgot the site where i saw this, so details may not be exact, sorry :-( ) This guy complained that he unplugged his DVI monitor while the PC was on to force some kind of monitor test, and then he had teh same sympotns we did (post could be seen, but no signal afterwards). He called dell support and they told him that this was a known issue with nvidia cards and he needed an EDID patch of some kind to fix it. No further soultion was posted though, and every search for EDID patch I ended up with descriptions of a similar problem with people running linux. I know that's not much more help, but maybe it will point your search in a different direction. Oh, and my friend was going to try something else too, but we never did before I put in the new card, but it sounded like a decent idea. If your video card supports dual displays, try hooking up DVI and anotehr port at once, and see if you can activate the DVI display as the second screen, then work form there. All that stuff is in teh special Nvidia section of your advanced video settings, along with some other stuff like TV detection and choice to output to an HDTV. Although when I was running through s-video none fo thsoe optiosn were there, they only relaly showed up i think once DVI was working with the new card. I just tried to search for that link while writing this, and I keep stmbling upon otehr people with similar problems, but nobody with a solution, heh. Well, i hope it works out, I'll come back if I stumble upon anything else.

-Stacey

Post Number: 3
Geforce 6800??? ha!! that's funny, because that's the same card I have in my PC that I do all my gaming on... I was trying to hook up my old PC (the one with the Ti 500) and use that one to get on the internet and play older games on, but now I can't wait to get home so I can try connecting my newer PC (with the GF 6800) and see if that works! if it does, I'll just use that one!

I'm not sure about that "EDID" patch... I will however, look for some kind of firmware update for the Ti 500 and see if that helps... but I'm hoping it will just work with my GF 6800.

thanks for the info!

Username: Toma

disable the graphics card in windows and you will have no problems booting into windows

Username: Gladiator88

Long island

Hey guys! Im having similar problem. I hooked up my pc to my samsung dlp 42" using a dvi to hdmi cable (pc video card to hdmi in tv) but i am getting what I think is called overscan... picture looks much better than when i was using s-video but now the screen is to big to fit on my dlp screen. When looking at my desktop on my dlp I cant even see the start icon for windows on bottom left... its to zoomed in!!

driving me crazy.... any thoughts how to fix this

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Number: 4
ok, I ended up buying a new video card for my old PC, I bought a Geforce 6200 and it works fine... I probably should have gone with a GF 6600, but I didn't feel like spending more money than I needed to on an old PC.

In any case, as I said it works fine, including the resolution. I don't know what kind of video card you have, but if you are using Nvidia drivers, there is a setting in there that you can set to adjust the screen to "fit" within the confines of the TV...

I'm not at home right now, so I can't go thru the steps, but if you have a Geforce card or something that uses Nvidia drivers, I can post step-by-step instructions here... let me know.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us