LCOS picture quality

Username: Lanny

Post Number: 1
Does the picture quality of the LCOS televisions diminish over time similar to LCD s and plasmas? Or is it like DLP where the bulb dictates the picture quality.

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Tvshopper

Post Number: 19
Lan,

According to JVC, they have had their chip in testing for well over 100,000 hours with no organic breakdown due to an inorganic layer that prevents the breakdown inherent with LCD displays (approx. 10,000 hours--yellowing).

Post Number: 2
tvshopper.

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering any LCOS owners suffering from poor picture quality due to failing liquid crystals.

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 324
LCoS is Rear Projo and has a lamp that has to be replaced.

Bronze Member
Username: Tvshopper

Post Number: 20
Lan,

Hi has it right. LcOS owners aren't suffering from poor picture quality. Quite the contrary. The picture quality is superb. My JVC kicks everything I've seen so far.

Post Number: 3
tvshopper,

You just made my decision easier. I was leaning toward the HP DLP. Now, I'm waiting for the new LcOS to come out. Would the new JVC or Sony be a better choice in terms in picture quality, reliability, HDMI 1080p input, price, bulb life, innovation and customer service?

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 325
Picture Quality depends on the set.Far as reliabilty,too sum it up goes to your next question is bulb replacement.Most bulbs costr about the same.Longevity is tough to say as they can very from manufacture to manufacture on life expectancy.They have perfeted a light bulb for house lamps to i doubt tv are going to be soon either.Innovation may be in upcoming technologies that your going to pay a arm and a leg for.
My pick breaks down to
(1) Sony SXRD
(2) HP DLP
(2) JVC HD-ILA
I put both JVC and HD-ILA tied cause hear nothing but good things,but i have never seen them in real life.

Bronze Member
Username: Turbo15479

Post Number: 17
Most bulbs do not cost the same. The bulb for a Magnavox 50 inch dlp is 893.00 plus shipping. Magnavox is really a Phillips company now.Bob
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us