Viewsat clones are coming....

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2503
Here come the clones.. a copy/paste

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it WAS inevitable that one of the most popular boxes out would eventually be cloned. While details are sketchy, I can tell you that 2 different China manufacturers have approached a few of the big dealers in Canada & the US with EXACT clones of Viewsat. Both Platinum & Xtreme have been cloned. I have been assured that the protection chips have serial numbers, and if they have cloned ALL to 1 or 2 chipsets, it will be very easy to address and disable by a Viewsat bin file. This may be the reason they have been selective approaching dealers. Hush hush would be the best way to infiltrate the market. This is bad for Viewsat, whose boxes have never been cloned. I will be getting more details soon, and hope to be able to have information on how to tell the difference. Viewsat has never had to do a clone kill, but these engineers are very capable of doing so. Hopefully customs will be on their toes about these new imports. It's not fair to these manufacturers who pay for licensing and jump thru hoops for FCC., UL approval, as welll as Dolby & other licensing, while China sneaks their units thru..

Clones ARE coming, so be careful of Ebay & dealers who just started carrying Viewsat.

More to follow as I find out more. Viewsatusa.com has a list of authorized dealers to ensure a safe purchase..

Username: Impala1977

Post Number: 5
Thanks for the heads up luke. I am currently looking to buy so it helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us