New Samsung HLS series questions?

Bronze Member
Username: Roc383

Detroit, Michigan USA

Post Number: 17
Does anyone know what the difference is between the HLS-5687w and HLS-5688W? I have done a side by side comparison of the two, and can't see what is, other than trim.

Also, I was wondering about improvements in the units that are not emphasised as much as the big ones, like the new 14000 rpm color wheel and 10000:1 contrast ratio... For example, on my HLP-5687W, I can not have closed captions or PiP while using a digital input, which is basically useless to even have those features on the set if you can't use them with a digital input. And have the problems with audio lag and video game response delay been solved? Any input is appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 675
I think the difference with the 88 is USB and Firewire ports. I thought only the 88 had the 10 bit video chip, but I heard the 87s have it too, though the web site doesn't say that. A rep at the CES said that the "S" will have a true 1080P DMD, not wobulated. We will see!!! Both have a true "Game Mode". No word yet on lip sync issues. Looks like the 88 only comes in a 50 inch size for now. I like the design of both. The 720P "S" xx86 is out. I don't know of anyone with the 1080P "S" 87 or 88 yet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us