RCA rear projection

Bronze Member
Username: Turbo15479

Post Number: 13
I bought an RCA crt rear projection television model number HD52W59YX#(. The tv had a great picture but I would get what I call audio glitches and a few video glitches. The audio would skip one or two words and then continue. The video would ship a scene or lock up for a few seconds. I called the cable company and they came out and installed a new Motorola box. It is a DCT 6412 III. The problem was still there. It is hooked up DVI. The first time the cable conpany came out they hooped up a box DVI to DVI but I had colored snowflakes all over the picture. The only other box they had on the truck went from HDMI to DVI on my set.The current box has the same HDMI to DVI connection. When the technician replaced my box he told me the Motorola boxes were having many problems especially with the software and to call back if the problem persisted. Well, the problem was still there so I called the cable company and this time they said it was a tv problem. I had an RCA technician scheduled to come out but yesterfday I just returned the set and exchanged it for another set that looks the same except the model number is R52WH74YX39. This set also has two sets of component inputs plus the DVI and the other ones. It also has a feature called velocity scan modulation. This tv does the same thing as far as the audio, did not do it on video yet. One other thing, if I would record a program on the cable PVR box I would see the same glitches in the same spot. I told the cable company that I though if the glitches were happening at the samr time it was a cabler fault and they try to claim the PVR sees what the tv does. My understanding from looking at this box is that the signal goes through the box first. Could the tc auctuaaly give feedback or am I missing something?How likely is it that two tvs with different model numbers would do the same thing? I want to call the cable company and want opinios(I know thee are some technicians on here) if you think as I do it is a cable problem. Bob

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Anyone?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Help

Username: Jetmech

Post Number: 1
well bob, i have to tell you, i only found this post due to an RCA model # search. i am interested in how both TVs compare. they seem like the same TV comparing stats and size. anyway about one of your questions, a recorder whether its dvr/pvr, dvd, vcr, or other, its only going to record what its fed. if cable, sat, or off air ant, it gets the signal and feeds it to the TV/monitor. so for an "experienced" tech to say the pvr sees what the TV sees is crazy. if your recordings have glitches in the same spots of a program during replay, its definitely not the TV. a dvi connection is the same as hdmi without the audio portion so as long as your cable box audio is separate, a dvi to hdmi ,or vice versa, cable will not hurt. hope this helps you to get another cable tech lol. and i would like to know how the RCA is working out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Jim,
I had the previous RCA for two months and it had a terrific picture except the glitches in audion and video from the cable company. I t was bulletproof in every other way, I had no problems. I bought the teelvision at walmart and it benefitted me to return it and get the Newer model. Not only did Walmart have a price break (894.00 compared tp 988.00) but the new model has two component inputs instead of the one on the HD52W59. This way you can connect two different accessories that need that type of connection. My cable is hooked up through the DVI connection. That is a story itself. The first box was a DVI to DVI connection but the box had colored snowflakes in the background. The only other box was a hdmi to DVI connection and that is what he used. I started to notice the glitches and a cable tech came out and explained to me they were having all kinds of software problems with the Motorola boxes. He again only had the hdmi to DVI box but installed it. He told me not to be surprised if I had to call back and they would keep on changing boxes until they found a goood one. I still had a problem so I called back and this tech said it was a television [roblem. i explained to him that it happened on recorded or live programs at the same spot but he said " The recorder sees what the tv sees". I said the signal went through the box first and he would not listen. This was with the old television. I brought the new one in last Friday and noticed the same glitches. I have a cable tech coming out next week.Buy the tv at Walmart and make sure you get the new model. Both are listed on Walmart's web site. The RCA at my local store plays 24/7 and is going strong after more than a year of playing. It is not the same with the DLP model, the bulb burned out. I would buy this set again in a minute. Also, Walmart gives a good extended warranty at an affordable price. Bob

Username: Turbohack

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 1
Hi guys. I've had an RCA 61" DLP for about 1.5 yrs now. It randomly stops showing the video (regardless of input source - sound works) for a minute then it reappears. It does this repeatedly for a few hours, then it's ok but starts doing it again a few days later. Any ideas ?
Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
A different cable tech came out and said the problem is definitely with the cable and not the television. He installed a new Motorola box and so far it is good. It is a shame that a company (cable company)tries to focus the blame on something else when they know it is their problem. I would prefer them telling me they are having a problem and they will work with me to correct it. Either way me RCA has a great picture and I am happy. Everyone says that DLP etc have such a better picture but in my opinion I don't see it. If you are in the store and they are side by side maybe,a little better but not by much. Plus, you are not going to have two televisions at home side by side. In the stores they always have programming on that enhances the picture, when you watch normal tv the difference is less yet. Plus no bulb, timer, cool down, or restart issues. Bob
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us