Newbie with LOTS of questions

Username: Woogi

Post Number: 1
Alright well im quite new to this but id like to play with the equitment i have b4 i commit to FTA.

Equitment i already have

1x old sony dss DTV dish
1x old sony sat-a55 DTV receiver (with a p4 card, from a friends active account)

1x JVC dishnet receiver (with a yellow "dish 500" card)

and i will soon aquire a dishnet dish and a 2nd receiver my questions are as follows (asuming im lucky enough that someone is still reading this)

1) P4 modding is still a no go correct? DISHNET would be my best option right now?

2) What would be the best tweaking hardware (keeping in mind that im on a budget, and ease of use is a huge +)

3) Am i correct that i would need a dishnet dish for the dishnet receiver (the DTV dish/lnb will not work with dishnet)

Thanks and i must say i spent prob. 2-3 hours at work 2day reading the great archives on this site..thnx in advance

-=woogi=-

Bronze Member
Username: Boyce

Post Number: 40
P4 still no go now
FTA receiver, DVB card( need PC), rom10 AVR (jtag,ISO loader), if you like to easy way, go FTA, or if you like to test and play, go for other.
OLD DTV dish and LNB will work.

Post Number: 2
yeah but from what ive seen FTA receiver are a bit pricey...and yes, right now id like to just play around. The old dtv dish is an (as a friend of mind from DTV told me) old sony 8-bit. But you wouldnt recomand going with dishnet? it seems that since i have a P4 card, (even though its older equitment, its still a p4 card) that from what ive read and heard, dishnet should be easier.

Post Number: 3
bumb

Post Number: 4
bump

Silver Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 189
Dear John,
It's not you, it's me... LOL (my first Dear John letter)

It depends on what you consider pricey. Compared to a hamburger, yes, fta receivers are pricey. Compared to a car, they are not. You can find a decent receiver for under $200. Sounds like you have the rest (lnb, dish, cables).
1) You are correct, P4 is out of the questions.
2) You might be able to muck around with your Sony hardware but I'd keep researching that as I haven't seen anything in here about modding those. (Maybe someone else knows????)
3) I first used a D-TV dish and lnb with a pansat 2700A and it worked fine. I'm still using the lnb, along with two others.
4) This wasn't asked but I thought I'd say, get back to work man!!! 2-3 hrs reading the internet on the clock!

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2495
your present DTV dish and Dishnet receiver and yellow card will all work...if U want to do dishnet platic...BUT by the time U buy an iso loader programmer and a locker and Jtags and atmega's etc, U can buy an FTA receiver for same monies...

If U are into DSS for the fun, the hobby, and the TESTING then stay with your Dishnet plastic (its much more challenging then FTA)...if just want simple easy moron FREE TV, then go FTA receiver...final costs will be about the same to do either..

Post Number: 6
4) This wasn't asked but I thought I'd say, get back to work man!!! 2-3 hrs reading the internet on the clock!

eh..im lucky enough...

also if i want to go the route of FTA then could/should i use both dishes (i have since aquired a Dishnet dish, a 301 recevier and a DishNet DVR)...and what all is included with FTA? I was under the slight impression that going with dishnet plastic would only require a decent iso reader/writer? But then Again i havent really found a complete "guide" if you will...Also i the cards i have are already active (im not sure if he hasnt cancelled his account yet or if they just havent been zapted. But is there away i can lock them from being zapted? And i guess my final question would be what is an atmega?

Post Number: 7
bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 219
John,
Having to use both dishes or not depends on which birds you're trying to hit. You can usually hit as many as you like within a certain range, say 30 degree difference provided you have enough LNBs.
FTA work primarily on bin files that can be loaded via a cable from you computers COMM ports directly to the receiver. Or you could forgo the bin route (you would lose the auto roll feature) and just manually enter the keys to view channels.
Again, I'm not familiar with the card aspect that you're asking about but in you first post you mention 'ease of use'. FTA reeks of ease of use.

Username: Ajdarwin

Post Number: 1
Hi, I am brand new to this also, but I have studied what I consider quite a lot. I have a Vistar 2000 receiver and want to know if I can update the flash rom. It has an awkward interface. I have ordered a newer box, but this was the first one I bought and I can make it work, but it is a pain. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be helpful.

Post Number: 2
I have picked up satellite tv using my system, it just has very few features. With 8 meg of rom and 2 meg of flash, it should be software upgradable to something more user friendly. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Silver Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 250
Joe I cant found any new flash or support for your box except the manual, but Im still trying.

Post Number: 3
Thanks, I have looked and I can't find much of anything. Nice box, just needs updating to be of much use. I have Mexican friends who live near me and want Gol, and Mexico City channels, and this box can do it, I just don't know if the interface is too much for them. It is for most of my English speaking friends. Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2607
Anderung TP ist geschieht wieder.

Bemerkt, dass einige PPV Kanale mit Programmierung im EPG, d.h. 514, 515 auf Echo 8,6, und sicher genug nicht erschienen, waren sie leere Kanale

Losungen (hat am besten für zuletzt gespart. - Macht welche Arbeiten für Sie! !):

Zuerst benutzend Versuch, den den Empfanger ab und auf dreht, den Schalter am hinteren, nicht das entfernte. Diese Nachstellung der Computer innerhalb der 3500. - Schnelles Heilmittel, nur falls es kein TP Anderung Problem ist.

Wenn das nicht arbeitet, dann:

Benutzen Sie eine aktualisierte Kanalliste (gehen Dort Sie Kokes! LOL)

Wenn keiner zur Verfügung steht, der ist, was ich exoect, der Fall zu sein, dann haben Sie diese Optionen:

Greifen Sie alles an, das Kanale und Blenden, prüft das wieder.

Blinden Prüfen Polaritat soll sein Senkrecht NUR für DishPro LNB

Anmerkung: Auf dem Fehlen oder dem leeren Kanal drückt den GUTEN Knopf. Am Boden vom Knall auf Schirm werden Sie sehen, dass das und die Frequenz für jenen Kanal gesessen hat. Notieren Sie es.

Gehen Sie jetzt in den TP Prüft, TP Auswahlen.

Sie werden merken, dass die GENAUE Frequenz für den fehlenden Kanal nicht aufgeführt ist. Es ist nah, aber keine Zigarre. Therefor ein normal TP prüfen WIRD VERPASSEN die Kanale.

Der TP prüfen wird nicht finden die Anderungen, weil die Frequenz nicht dass vom aufgeführten TP Frequenz ist, Es Ist nur ganz wenig ab und das bedeutet, dass die Kanale wahrend eines TP verpasst werden werden, prüft

Setzen Standardtasten werden wieder, auch die TP Anderungen nicht einbringen.

Andeutung: jedes Mal das ich prüft, fange ich mit einem verschiedenen gesessen an und prüft zu SD, nachdem jedes gesessen hat, spare. Auf diese Weise kann ich die 119 und 61 Combo wahlen, wahrend die Starter CH Last und nur 110 prüft. Spart Zeit auf lange Sicht. Erinnern Sie sich nur, an irgendeine alten gesparten Combos zu loschen, die den neu aktualisierten Sa. miteinschlieBt.

ABER DORT AUCH IST EIN LEICHTERER WEG! - OHNE KANALE ANZUGREIFEN!

Zuerst auf dem Kanal, der kein Signal sagt, schlagt den GUTEN Knopf und schreibt die Frequenz den geanderten TP nieder und, der es gesessen hat, ist auf

. D.h.: TP 12600, hat Echo 8,6 gesessen

Gehen Sie zu Installationmenü und wahlen Sie Hoher Prüft

In der obersten Reihe tragt manuell 12600 als die Frequenz ein

Gehen Sie unter hinab und heben Sie Video PID hervor

Presse ZUSTIMMEN, Wartezeit für prüft, zu beenden, etwa 16 Kanale werden im oberen Beispiel, Ausgang zu Programmierung erscheinen und alle werden fein sein

Jetzt dies ist das lange hat gelesen zur Losung, LOL, aber es ist gonna nimmt Sie viel weniger messen Zeit zu lesen und macht es als es hat für mich genommen zu versuchen und alle diese Losungen zu entdecken - damit ich Sie zu welchem Weg führen kann, ist am besten - und hoffentlich, haben Sie etwas entlang des Wegs gelernt

Post Number: 5
On my satellite receiver I have to manually change the TP, and then scan, but if I could get a better scanner program uploaded it would help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2611
I just explained how to do it!.....don't u understand?...why not?...so what if its inanother language...the internet is for all languages...just ask eva!

Post Number: 6
Lk, what you wrote did not help at all. On my receiver, turning it off on the switch in the back does nothing. Let me repeat my problem. The software package on the receiver is limited, and the instructions you gave do not pertain to my receiver. It is a Viacast or Vistar 2000. I need a software upgrade if it is available. Pretty simple, I already know how to make it work with the software it has.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2613
I never wrote reboot the receiver (power back off)...obviously U don't understand the language I wrote..I gave U the EXACT answer for your problem with TP's

geez...see how forums become useless when written in another language other than ENGLISH!

GET MY POINT NOW!...U just learned a lesson!

Bronze Member
Username: Billybeerboy

Carthage, Il United states

Post Number: 22
Testify !! Reverend LK Amen!!

Bronze Member
Username: Wakenbake

Post Number: 94
crispyfry!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 249
Looks like a very limited reciever. doubt there are upgrades to software.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=15314

Post Number: 10
Thanks Tyler, evidently LK has no idea what he posted or even read my post. I had hoped he would help, but hey, evidently not. I will live with the software as it is and use it as single channel receiver for my school. We want NASA channel for the students and this will work great.

Silver Member
Username: Timscarlet

Dayton, Oh Usa

Post Number: 189
here is a site that has fully loaded receivers, to start watching tv:

[link removed]

Gold Member

Post Number: 2617
JW...I read your post totally...U are the one that isn't understanding the fix I gave U..and changing TP's apply to all receivers..

Username: Fanatic

Post Number: 4
HI,LK
I have read your old post about using the dtv tripple lnbf dish. It is very good. I am a newbie of fta. I got a dtv multi dish. For the tripple lnbf, I can pick up one sat using the left one or the right one independently. However, I failed to pick up anything by any means using the central lnb.I am confused.
Any help will be appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us