DVD Player help

Username: Kramerica72

Boston, MA

Post Number: 7
I own a Sammy 42' DLP and have a 3 year old progressive scan Panasonic DVD player (S35--component hookup). I bought the new Sony DVP-NC85H HDMI DVD player and honestly, the picture was no better.

Is there a DVD player aside from the new HD DVD that is going to give me a better picture on my DLP than what I have? Is the Panny S97 or S77 that much better?

Thanks in advance-

Username: Shawnharman

Post Number: 8
you should look into a pioneer dvd player, they have very good picture quality. you will also get a much better soundstage with a pioneer than with your panny, IMO.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2566
Panasonic players have good picture quality. You aren't going to get a significant difference without going to an upconverting player or HD-DVD.

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 102
I have to disagree with the suggestion for Pioneer. They have not produced any DVD player that could compete with even the Panasonic players. The 77 or 97 are two of the best HDMI performers in their price range and are highly recommended.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/cgi-bin/shootout.cgi?function=search&articles=all

Sony could not make a DVD player if a Denon employee dropped the 5900 plans on their desk.

Bronze Member
Username: Andy_man

Post Number: 20
Rubbish. Pioneer models are one of the best, even high-end models from other brands such as marantz, Arcam, and even Denon have (and do) use OEM pioneer components for their models rather then delevoping their own.

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 106
Andrew,

Unfortunately, the quality of a DVD player is determined by the amount of work put into implementing the video processors after they are purchased from the major chip mfgs like Sage\Forudjia\Silicon Optics\etc. Pioneer does not excel at this or does not do the R&D required to do it right. Their best performing player is the DV 59AVi and it sells for US$1,600 retail. This is not considered a deal and is still not able to compete video quality wise with many other players costing far less.

Username: Clarktrev

Rosny Park, Tasmania Australia

Post Number: 1
heh all, could someone please help?
Have a cheap celestial dvd510e player which will notb recognise the disc. What causes this and what is the fix, if any?

Username: Doom_tecnician

Post Number: 2
HI I HAVE A DVD PANASONIC DVD-RV32 I NEED HELP TO UNLOCK IT PLEASE GIVE A PASSWORD TO UNLOCK THANKS

Username: Doom_tecnician

Post Number: 3
I HAVE A DVD-RV32 PANASONIC PLEASE HELP ME TO UNLOCK IT GIVE ME A PASSWORD TO UNLOCK THANK
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us