How to copy protected VHS to DVD with my DVD Recorder

Username: July

Post Number: 1
Hi.
I have Pioneer DVR-310 DVD Recorder and a lot of Disney Videos. I want to transfer them to DVD but unfortunatly I can't do it as my recorder says "Copyrighted Material" What can I do against it?
Thank you

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2540
You can get a stabilizer for less than half the price of that. Do a search for digital video stabilizer, or look on ebay.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2557
They work fine, I've been using one for about 15 years. There's been a lot more complaints about the Red Pro than the $20 stabilizers.

Username: Cruzer

Just signed up today. and I have a question I also want to archive my vhs collection to dvd, I have a dvd recorder / vcr combo. I have archived some vhs tapes over to dvd. However some movies won't let me. I know that I have to get a decoder (maybe a sima ct-2??). But the real question is Do I have to get seperate units, vcr, dvd recorder, and a decoder or will my dvd recorder/vcr combo plus a decoder work??? The vcr / dvd recorder model that I have is a Zenith model ZRY-316, if thats helps any

Gold Member

Post Number: 2558
You will need a seperate VCR so you can connect a stabilizer between the VHS and DVD.

Post Number: 2
so all I have to do is purchace a video decoder and hook up the unit to the vcr / dvd recorder combo and I will be good to go?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2560
If you've got a combo, you'll need a stabilizer and a seperate VCR. There's no way to connect a stabilizer between the VHS and DVD on a combo.

Post Number: 3
YOU THE MAN Mr. Massey. Thanks for the heads up. I was a bit confused on the seperate vcr and the combo . I'll purchase the stabilizer, set it up and let you know how it turned out wish me luck Thanks again.

Username: Guagua

when i try to record a vhs on my dvr-310 pioneer dvd recorder, it only reproduces audio, but there are no signs of video. But connected to the TV works fine. Is there anything I could do? Does the VCR plus+ function has anything to do with it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3664
Connect the VHS to the DVD with RCA cables and set the DVD on whatever input you used.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us