2009 digital switchover

Username: Nina96

Post Number: 7
I have a TV with a digital tuner and cablecard (no cable box), but my DVD Recorder with hard drive has no digital tuner, only analog. Currently I use only analog signals. When the digital switchover takes place in 2009 and everything goes digital, will I still be able to record one channel while watching another with my DVD HDD Recorder? If so, how?

Bronze Member
Username: Formerly_fx

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 86
Don't worry, your DVD recorder will breakdown before 2009. :-) Actually the congressional action mandates digital to analog convertor boxes to be subsudized bt the government and available to people who need them.

If the future is going to worry you I'd concentrate on nuclear war with Iran or North Korea, don't worry about the small stuff.

xvxvxvx

Bronze Member
Username: Nina96

Post Number: 13
You are asolutely right! I just hate being forced to shell out money to buy new equipment when my current ones are still in good shape. This out-with-the- old-in-with-the-new-throwaway-society we live in makes me crazy. My nephew will be in Iraq soon. I defintely have bigger fish to fry. Thanks for reminding me what is really important. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us