Pansat 2500 and LiteOn DVD burner

Bronze Member
Username: The_fisherman

Post Number: 25
I recently bought a LiteOn DVD burner LVW-1105HC. I am getting a pink fuzzy flashing across the screen only in DVD burn mode. I have taped programs then burned to DVD and they are nice and clear but not the Digital quality of a direct burn.
I called LiteOn and they had a firmware fix that I downloaded and it worked great until my 2000 Toshiba VCR, model W-630 crashed and burned. If I connect my dish straight through to my DVD burner using either COAX or AV cabels I get the flahing. I worked on the Toshiba and got it to come on but one to the chips has given up the ghost and tapes will load but the machine shuts off. If the Toshiba is not working I get the flashing.
I have tried five different VCRs in series to my Dish in line and each time is the same story. Plus the added problem of all of my old taped movies, some dating back to 1978, are scrambled. Side to side rolling in black and white. I have over three hundred tapes that I wanted to burn to DVD but the new VCRs won't play them through the LiteOn DVD burner.
I can do work arounds with my tapes and upload them to my computer to be burned on my Light Scribe D/L burner. I can get a great picture that way and also be able to edit.
What I want to do is to use the LiteOn as a direct in-line recorder to burn current movies without having to tie up both of my compurers. I am currently trying to be able to afford all of the equipment to turn my old PC into a FTA receiver but I found out that I need a video capture card in addition to the Twinham 102G.
Long gripe here, I know. Can anyone suggest a fix for the flashing in DVD burn mode. I did replace all of my COAX and AV cables today with gold coated connections at each point. Quite expensive, let me tell you, especially when there is no change.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us