22Khz Off or On

Username: Annamouse

Post Number: 2
My Setup:
DishNetwork disk with dual LNBs (110 and 119), Samsonic disk 2 LNBs (AMC4 and Intelsat5), Pansat DiSeqc 4x1 switch, Perfect Vision multiswitch, Pansat 2700A. In Pansat setup I have:
119 on Diseq #1, 22Khz ON.
110 on Diseq #2, 22Khz ON.
AMC4 on Diseq #3.
Intelsat 5 on Diseq #4.

Problem: sometime I got channels with bad signals. Five or ten minutes later it cames back normal for a while then bad signals again. Also I never get the quality bar up to 70%. It is always 50 ~ 60%. Some TPs even have 0%. The level bar is always over 80%.

Is there anything wrong with me setup? I feel that something is wrong with 22Khz. Should it be off or on? How come the signals doesn't stay good for few days? I heard that they move the TPs or something but is that the cause? Thanks a lot.

P.S the problem happens mostly to 110 and 119. The other 2 I don't watch much so I don't mind.

Username: Billybeerboy

Carthage, Il United states

Post Number: 7
It sounds like you need to adjust your allignment a little for better quality.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2048
Need at least 70%, so realign dish, and shut OFF 22khz..

Post Number: 3
Thanks LK.

I will fine tune the birds on the weekend. If I do it correctly, ALL TPs should show better quality, like you said at least 70%?

My neighbor has a huge, huge tree. It is not in the line of sight b/w the dish and the sat. Does it do anything bad to the reception? I know that it does ghost image with my off air local channels when I use out door antenna for HD.

Post Number: 4
Also at the multiswitch there a 2 ports: 13V and 18V. What port should I use? When I plug from Diseq to 13V port the multiswitch seems to be warm, more than a normal warm. I use the 18V port now. When should I use the 13V or the 18V ports? Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2051
if it affects your UHF/VHF antennae...it will affect the sat dish if aimed in same direction!...dah!....no point in answering #2 post after reading #1 post!

Post Number: 5
so what is the diff. b/w 13V and 18V ports? I am not sure the switch got warm when I used 13V port because it was incorrect (should use 18V port instead) or the switch is defective. Thx.

Bronze Member
Username: Paint

Post Number: 38
Anna, not to break in but what voltage are you supplying. I'd guess 18v and if you put 18v into 13v port things are going to heat up. Get a cheap volt meter.

Post Number: 6
The ports are for Satellite-in cable fed from the Diseqc switch so I never think of using a meter to measure the voltage.

Upload

The red arrows are where it says 13V and 18V so I thought there was something else not explaned well. Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2063
U don't need that switch!...just use the disque!...if using legacy dual LNB's..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2064
That multiswitch is ONLY needed if U had Dishnet receivers, NOT FTA!....and 3 satellites going to 4 receivers!

Post Number: 7
I used this switch to split. I have another receiver, 2 total. Does this switch do the job( 1 in from the Diseqc, 2 out to 2 receivers ) or I must buy a splitter instead? Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2069
U can use that switch ONLY...do NOT need disque switch..or use 2 inexpensive disque switches would suffice..and work better...

Post Number: 8
Thanks for your help and follow up this thread. No wonder they call your name in almost every question :-)

You said I use the multi switch only or 2 Diseqc switches but neither one seem to work for me. I have 4 sat: 110, 119, Intelsat 5, and AMC 5. I have 2 receivers, may be 4 later. If I use the multiswitch ONLY, I can't have 4 inputs. If I use 1 DiSqec, I can't have more than 1 receiver. Using 2 DiSeqc switches like you said, I can make it works to hook up 4 receivers. What is the setup will work best for me? I thoguht this is the only choice. Thx.

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 2076
My mistake....sorry!....I was thinking U had a 4x4 multiswitch, not 2x4 switch...U must use either a 4x4 multiswitch or 2 disque switches..

http://sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Switches/DirecTV-switches.htm

BTW..When viewing Horizontal Transponders, the receiver will put out 13volts, versus when viewing Vertical, it will put out 18volts, which allows the LNB to distinguish between which TPs it should get..

Post Number: 9
Thanks a lot. I adj the dish, signals are better now.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2079
BTW...ALWAYS shut off power to the receiver when doing any thing to the switches...otherwise U will blow the switches...and yes they will get VERY warm and burn up!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us