New HD-DVR: HD / Reg channel probs...

Username: Creatix

Post Number: 3
Hello,

I just got a HD-DVR from my cable company. I've played with quite a bit of settings but no luck.

I can have my display set to either 480p which is great for regular tv OR 720p/1080i which is great for my High Def channels.

It does not auto detect on both. Right now I primarily watch things like ESPNHD so I leave it at 1080i. However, when I quickly switch it over to a regular channel like MTV it leaves the grey/black boxes on the sides so it displays in normal 480p.

Its frustrating to have to keep pressing through 3 or 4 menu screens to change it back and forth when changing from a HD to regular channel.

It works vice versa. If I leave the TV setting on 480p for normal channels, unless I change it to 1080i when changing to an HD channel, the bars shows up on my HD channels.

Anyone run into this or have an idea on what I can do so it is standard (it was fine before with only my cable card). Before it just showed both HD channels like INHD2 and regular channels like VH1 without any boxes at all. It just auto-detected. There must be some kinda settings or cable connections that I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Bronze Member
Username: Formerly_fx

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 69
There are internal settings but they vary according to what manufacturer and model number STB you have. Is it Motorola, Scientific Atlanta or Pace? What is the model number?

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us