Low signal quality on horizonal TPs

Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 1
Hi, i'm a newbie and need some help. I have a Pansat 3500sd with 144 bin. I have a dish with two lnbs (110 and 119) going into a disecq switch then to the reciever.

When i do a blind scan on both satellites, I get most channels, however I am missing the PPV sport (channel 455) and some other "normal" channels such as MTV and SPIKE. Upon further investigation, i found that channel 455 is on TP 2, Echostar 7. Problem is that my signal level is low for that particular TP. I also found that ANY horizontal TP has low or (usually) no signal, which might account for why i am missing some channels.

What can i do to get the signal level up? I have tried to re-aim the dish while monitoring TP 2. The channels i do have come thru nice and clear. I am using the proper quality cable. Is there something that i overlooked?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- HRS -

Bronze Member
Username: Wakenbake

Post Number: 77
blood letting

Post Number: 2
... explains the lack of blood to your brain, wakenbake.

Does anyone have any useful suggestions with the signal problem?

Bronze Member
Username: Fruitcakes

Post Number: 88
shakenbake is fcuking stupid illegal alien...just ignore him...try scanning each sat hooked straight to reciever...leave the switch out...as in the words of the crippled welfare war vet "you must read and do your homework"...fcuking azzlips..ROTF

Post Number: 3
Finally got the missing channels.

I made two mistakes:

1. I had the incorrect TP for UFC PPV. I guess it was moved to a diff TP and the website that i got the info from didn't have the updated TP. Explains why TP signal was so low, because no channels were on that particular TP.

2. When i did the blind scan, it was scanning only on vertical. I guess i had it set to vertical only because someone told me that DN uses only vertical. So, now i scanned on horizontal and it found TPs and channels.

Thanx for the advice, though. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us