EPG not as advertized.

Bronze Member
Username: Geeker

Post Number: 90
Ok, consider this post just a feed back on the new and improved EPG (pansat2700A). Is it better than what we had before? Certainly. But here is the problem, with the new 147 bin and its improved EPG, and I am hopping that I am not the only one who have this problem, first time you turn on you STB after downloading 147, the EPG download follow, and bingo , you get your 8 hours of EPG, although it's not on all the channels, but nontheless it works. Now let's assume you have turned your STB at noon, so now you have EPG untill 8 PM. Also assume you have been watching your tv four 3 hours, you would think pushing the EPG would show programs up to 11 PM since now it's 3 PM. Not so fast my friend, if you are lucky it would only show the remainder 5 hours downloaded when you turned on your STB, and most of the times it only show 2 hours (back to square 1, see bin 146). What's worst, at 8 PM or in my case at 4 or 5 PM you have no EPG. Now to solve the problem you have to turn STB off and on again so you would have a fresh 8 hours, and loose 3 or 4 of it as the day progress. OK, here is the other problem, if you try to refresh your EPG by turning you STBs power off and on using your remote, well then good luck, you actually have to use the switch at the back of your STB, since (at least mine) the STB get stuck at the window where it asks you to push ok to reload the EPG with the STB display showing "ON". Again, I migth be the only one with this problems. If so, then I appreciate anyones' help to solve it.
Note: This post is not a camplaint, it's just a feed back.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1905
U are the ONLY person I have seen negative feedback from...everyone loves the EPG...so what if U have to reset the receiver!..2 seconds!...some people are never happy!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
Hopefully you have read everything on my post LK, especially the LAST STATMENT. I have expected you to be the first one to unswer, but I also expected you to read the whole message before unswering. Beside, in the real world, the negative feedbacks are what makes you strive to produce a perfect product. Just ask anyone who has handeled a real project, they would rather hear the negative feedbacks than the postive ones. Since it is because of the negative feedbacks that they will come up with a better solution. Also if you have read the text file included with bin 147, the coder himself asked for feedback. He didn't specify that they have to be positive or negative "just feedback". That's why they are called feedbacks, they help you improve what you are trying to improve.
Note: I am not arguing, I am merly stating the facts.

Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: F_t_a_is_back

Post Number: 25
Try the new 148 bin

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
thanks FTA.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
geek...exactly, BL needs feedback about any bins he codes he actually wants the ones to help improve the bins to...even thou he is at Future-FTA he wants to get feedback from all testers..good luck with 148

FTA

Gold Member

Post Number: 1906
geek U are correct..which I already totally understood your post, but was surprised that your feedback wasn't positive, since this EPG and auto TP and bin are his BIGGEST accomplishments EVER!...BL just made Pansat #1 above all competitors..

BTW...and I'm not a big BL fan either!

And BL doesn't need our feedback, he's gets enough from all around him already!....thats just a publicity/good will appearance...and do U think he always even cares!...look at his fiasco with crashing his own genuine receivers!

Bronze Member
Username: Conti

Post Number: 38
I have the same problem with the EPG. I am using bin144 on Pan 3500SD. Gets u 8 hrs EPG sometimes. Normally only 2 hrs show when STB is switched on.

I have switched box on and off but many times EPG does not load more than 2 hrs ????

Do I have to switch off box from the back every time to get 8 hrs EPG ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
LK, why bash the person that does so much for you to watch tv..if you don't use his bins to watch tv who's bin do you use? Do you own any of the products from Pansat? I don't understand why you have to bash people..if you have nothing positive to say..don't say it..the info I put out here is not directed to you or anyone in particular, it is for all testers and neewbies that don't know where to get files..you seem to get bothered if someone else but you gives any kind of advice in this site..for the rest of the peeps here, I will help in any way I can even if you are a neewbie..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
TM, make sure you set the time, date, and right time zone..and make sure you are on a channel that is on Echo 8.6 before downloading epg...good luck

FTA

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
FTA thanks, I will do my best to give more feedback if warranted.

LK, I am not disagreeing with the "BIGGEST accomplishments EVER!", I understand that, but would you agree that without negative feedbacks we would have so many good and safe product that we use on a daily basis. As for BL he really doesn't need mine or your positive feedback. If no body complain "negative feedback", that's just tell him he has done a good job and will be satisfied or rewarded for his hard work. Have you ever went to buy a car, and after a road test you came back and said, man that car is really worth more than you asking for. That's positive feedback, but the sales man really don't care for it, because if they get your money, they got your a proval, or in our case no complaint means good bin, case closed. Instead if anything is wrong with the car, you probably will let the sales person know about, even if you are not buying, just to justify the road test you just took.
And by the way, bashing the guy is really worst that not giving him a positive feedback, I smell some real contradiction here.

Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1907
U all missed something here!...I'm the one who PRAISED Blacklist!...but that doesn't mean I have to like him or his capitalistic ways!...I didn't think it was necessary to ruin thousands of receivers to fill his own pockets!...U can all think he's a GOD, but he's NOT!...I beleive tyhe air is FREE and so are the signals..I don't screw people up here, to fill my pockets...which I could, If I really wanted to!...I do everything for NO money to help people..Do U honestly think Blacklist does that same?...GET REAL!...he has an entourage and BIG Pansat money behind him and tons of feedback..don't be so naive!...U need to be a REALIST!...this is all about MONEY with Blacklist!...and Pansat!...U are just the end user singing "Happy Camper" songs, bashing me, the wrong guy!...another Rev Jim Jones koolaid following is here and his site..I gave credit where credit was due, but I will never be naiive!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
LK I guess we are getting away from the original subject, wich is negative feedback and what do they mean to a person who is in charge of certain product. To tell you the truth I really could care less about BL or what he does. Go back to the original post and see if I had mention his name once. So to tell me that I am naive about some one that I don't know, or care to know takes away from the whole conversation and deviate the subject from what it was to what it isn't. But don't insult my intellegence by going away from the subject, then call me naive for something that I don't give a damn about. Just remember WE WERE TALKING ABOUT NEGATIVE FEEDBACKS, not BL not pansat, not money, not end users or front users. You always get sick of people hijacking threads, well what you just did is big time hijacking this thread. And I guess this should be the end of it, and you can start a new thread about who ever or what ever you want.

Thanks.

Username: Overthehill

Post Number: 5
Here is my feedback.

1- Kudo to BL. It is way better than before. I have used it for a day and it works well so far.

2. There is room for improvement. If it can 'remember' when the current loaded EPG period ends and automatically loads the new one at that time, that will be truely great. For now, one just need to turn off/on the receiver and activate the EPG loading again which takes approx 30 seconds for a Pansat 2700).

Bronze Member
Username: Conti

Post Number: 39
Yesterday, I had to reload bin 144 from the SD card on to my Pan 3500SD. The screen went black - no pic.

I had copied bin 144 from my computer onto the SD card. I used the SD card to update my box.

It does not update EPG when I turn on the box. All I get is 2 hrs.

Could loading the bin using the loader with bin 144 make the difference ? Do I need to set default keys after loading bin 144 ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1919
geek...U better go back and read what U wrote in your own original post!....U are totally wrong and confused and trying to give everyone a snowjob that an 8yr old could see is not truth!!

FIRST!...THE SUBJECT IS "EPG" NOT NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!

2ND...YOUR POST DOES NOT ONCE MENTION "NEGATIVE FEEDBACK"...in fact the word "feedback" does NOT appear ONCE but was put in as an afterthought "note" along with "complaint"!

LASTLY.."If so, then I appreciate anyones' help to solve it."

THIS EPG PROBLEM U WERE HAVING WAS THE ENTIRE SUBJECT AND OBVIOUS INTENT OF YOUR POST AS U CAN SEE BY YOUR pleas for help to fix it!...so lets cut the BS.. and give that righteous snowjob "negative feedback" story to the feeble minded who can't read or comprehend!...at least be honest with yourself!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
Now I know why you help everyone in this site and still get ripped by some posters. I use to feel sorry for you for having to put up with all of that. Although I won't say you derseve it, but really you get what you deserve. Here I am having a civilized conversation with you, and haven't said a single bad word to you and wouldn't say it to anyone anyway, and you couldn't help but bash me.

Being here for too long has gotten you to the mad point, that you have to act like this with everyone.

I have one little advise for you, look up the word IGNORE, and try to do some of it when some post doesn't concern you. You would save yourself a lots of headackes.

When someone asks a stupid question==> IGNORE instead of telling them how stupid they are.

When a subject that doesn't concern you come up, and you feel the urge to put in you 2 cents about it, just be civilized when unswering or ==> IGNORE.

Here is my last advise, when you read this reply to your above post just ==> IGNORE.

IGNORE ==> NO STRESS ==> GOOD HEALTH ==> LONGER LIFE.

Now show that you have learned and ==> IGNORE.

Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1925
IGNORE is a derivative of IGNORANT...like ostriches with their head stuck in the sand!...I am an activist, not ignorant!....thats the problem with people now compare to my 60's generation....people now are too lazy, ignorant, self centered, and complacent...people of the 60-70-s, we were activists and CHANGED the world..

geek ...I like U...but U were wrong in this thread and just won't admit it!...and I have lost respect for U, due to your lack of self honesty about your first post and your TRUE intentions of what and why U posted!...if U can't be true to yourself than U will never be true to anyone..U care more about how U "appear" to others", than U do your own true self!...thats phoney!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Simba, if you want to reload a new EPG you don't have to turn the box off from the back anymore..just press ok when you turn it on from the remote and it will download..try it..good luck

FTA
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us