Harman kardon DVD 31

Bronze Member
Username: Jamshed

Mumbai, Maharashtra India

Post Number: 13
I am currently using a Pioneer DV 355- S DVD player connected to a Harman kardon HK 670 amp (stereo) with B & W DM 601 S3 book shelves.
I am now planning on buying the Harman Kardon DVD 31 player as I feel that the audio CD quality output of the Pioneer is not too great.
At the outset, I must say that my interest lies mainly in listening to audio CD's and not to seeing DVDs and that I use my DVD player as my primary CD player. Essentially killing two birds with the same stone.
I therefore would like to know whether the audio CD output quality of the DVD 31 player is any good? In that, will I be able to discern the differnece in the sound quality between this player and my present Pioneer?
In the alternative, should I invest in a good stand alone CD player and use an ordinary DVD player like the Philips, maybe, to watch movies? Please suggest some such CD players: I have read that NAD and Marantz have a good lineup, but have never heard them.
I have also heard that one of the major cons of the HK DVD 31 is sync problems between the audio and video. Is this true?
Which other DVD players can be considered by me for the purposes of good CD audio sound, as i would really like to have only one player to play CD/ DVD
Thanks in advance...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us