Use external microphone to record on DVD Recorder

Username: Sidhal

Post Number: 1
If I use an external mic and connect it to my audio input lines I get very low volume.
How can I boost the volume from the mic to the DVD recorder. A Pre-Amp? What should I buy?
I use it very infrequently so I dont want to spend a lot. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Pstahljr

Post Number: 25
Maybe you could go through you stereo amp then to you DVD recorder??? Never tried it anything like this myself though.

Post Number: 2

Would the Boostaroo headphone amplifier help?

Post Number: 3
I bought the boostaroo revolution and it works.
It's great for dubbing from any audio source - including my mp3 and the mic.
If anyone has used the boostaroo for this plse let me know.

Username: Lens

BradfordEngland

Post Number: 4
I am new to this game and require more info
I want to record music into a dvd recorder through audio input from my midi headphone socket but all the inputs are audio/video only and no one at any store can advise if i can use audio in only .my music is old mono so i only require mono i am considering purchase of the LG RH177. Also I can record music to midi from vcr but not from midi to vcr why not? any help many thanks

Post Number: 4
The Boostaroo Revoluton "pocket amplifier" works like a charm. Look at my posting above.
Just use one audio input - either the white or the red. In fact I piggy-back two Boostaroos.
Check out Boostaroo.com. Here in the States J&R sells it for $50.OO.US. Plse let me know if it works. The problem with the mide to VCR is the same as the DVD recorder - there is no "real" amplifier for the input jack on the DVD or the VCR. Years ago there used to be a real mic jack. But the manufacturer's saved some money by not giving you a jack. So dubbing requires more (power) - volume.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us