System down

Bronze Member
Username: Woofy

Post Number: 18
Hey guy's..running a cool*at 5000 with 120 norw..dn.
everything was fine since mid march..just had a bit of wet snow here in peterborough ontario, now have lost all..went to menu dish settings and there is no signal on either 110 or 119.all settings are the way i had them originally.dish is on the roof..looks clear from the ground..maybe it has moved a bit i dunno..any suggestions would be good..don't really wanna do any roof climbing if i can help it.

help if you can please.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1834
Reboot the receiver...BACK of receiver,power off,wait 2 minutes, power on, turn to a good channel..

If no switch on back, then unplug for 5 minutes..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Hey LK.. thanks for the info..helpfull as usual..did what you said,but still no channels..i do get a green bar while on the channels but none show up..when i go into menu my signal on both 110 and 119 are stillin the red..after i rebooted i noticed my time had gone to 2004..changed back to present time..but still the same..any other ideas Lk.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Sorry,,i should have mentioned that is just displays...no..or bad signal..while trying to view a channel.

Bronze Member
Username: Fruitcakes

Post Number: 57
yea, really helpfull...even a fcuking retard knows to reboot the reciever when there is a problem....maybe you should switch to cable Rob, you sound like a dumb fcuking idiot..ROTF

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Oh and..what do you mean by a good channel? i don't have any that's the prob LK.

Bronze Member
Username: Warthog

Post Number: 53
Could be a million things...bad hardware is where to start...process of elimination..you don't say how problem came about..after DST?...snowstorm?...new bin? etc..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Well..new 5000 in mid march..newest bin 120..had a bit of wet snow ..nothin serious...channels started fading then just disappeared..settings are correct..after reboot on certain channels i get a hit like it want to come on..mostly green stripes and stuff..everything is brand new..hardware...cable..switch..4 weeks max..help if you can ask want you need to know..i am all ears.

Bronze Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 31
Check the dish and lnb for snow coverage?
reason being "channels started fading then just disappeared".

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
thanks man..but i was trying to avoid crawling out on the roof tonight...i do appreciate you input. thank god for cable back up..watching jays vs rays..

Username: A10

Post Number: 4
they sell protectors for the snow and weather...Go Tampa!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Ok..well i guess it was the weather..back to normal after the sun melted the snow..
thanks warthog and wanker.

oh yea fruitcakes! with a name like that who is the dumb fn idiot!

go jays!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us