Motor-Switch problem

Username: Agamemnon

Post Number: 1
I have a fairly straight forward setup (see the attached picture SATWIRE1.JPG).
I just tried to upload the picture but it won't let me. So I will describe the setup.
It uses an Invacom QPH 031 (only one linear and one circular are being used right now. The linear goes to the motor (Stabs HH90) and then down to the switch (Chieta diseqc 2.0). The circular goes down to the Chieta switch and the outlet goes to the receiver (C***S** 5000). Everything is new and the cables have crimped on ends.
As it is, it gets great reception on most sats. Note that the switch is 2.0.
The problem is that when the diseqc switch is connected, the motor won't move.
If I remove the switch, it moves good, but won't get a green signal on any DVB (encrypted) sats. Obviously, I need the dish to move with the diseqc switch in circuit.
Should I change the Diseqc for something else or add another type of switch in the circuit?
The switch is about 35 feet from the LNB and about 25 feet from the receiver. I tried moving
the switch within 4 feet of the receiver but it didn't help.
Sorry about the picture attachment.
Any help would be appreciated. Peter

Username: Electric47

Post Number: 7
I have a simular problem. I have a 36" motorised dish with a QPI-031, Diseqc GD-41A using the pan...2500a. The switch is about one foot from the motor. When the switch is hooked up I receive no signal. If I find out anything I'll let you know. I would apreciate if you do the same. Thanks

Username: Electric47

Post Number: 8
Correction on the LNB type it's QPH-031.

Bronze Member
Username: A10

Post Number: 45
This site is wrong place to be asking about motors and switches etc... www.al7bar.t*k has LARGE area about that subject!

Username: Agamemnon

Post Number: 2
I received a message from Electric47 saying that he has a similar problem. I got a suggestion from another forum that says the Diseqc switch has to be between the motor and the LNB. I changed my setup to this and everything works beautifully. Thanks to all who answered. Peter.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us