Vertical black bar

Username: Kn3call1

Florence, SC United States

Post Number: 1
I have a Daewoo plasma TV that has developed a 2 inch vertical black bar just right of center on the screen.
Does anyone know the pcb(s) that control screen drive or output?

Username: Kirbi

Post Number: 3
I had a philips that did the same thing and they replaced it with a new one.

Post Number: 2
The retailer where I bought the TV wrote me a check and I got my money back. They said Daewoo service couldn't provide support?
I thought someone might know which circuit board controlled the screen. I'm starting to see after market parts on the internet.
Would be nice to have it as a second TV since in the end it didn't cost me anything....

Bronze Member
Username: Ehdmi

Post Number: 12
Nice to see they would just write you a check w/o too many questions! Hard to find good service like taht any more!

Keith
Http://www.eHDMI.com

Username: Gaphe

Post Number: 1
I have a Zenith 60" which is 3 years old. It has a vertical 2" black bar from top to mid screen. What is the problem and is it repairable? Repair cost? I called a local shop and they said that it would be $2000-$3000 to fix!! Thanks.

Post Number: 3
The service people told me the problem was the equivalent of the motherboard in a computer. I managed to get a copy of the factory service manual however and there are several other circuit boards inside.
I imagine after there's a few hundred thousand breakdowns of plasma tvs the service people will have a better handle on how to repair them.
To me a $3K tv shouldn't be disposable...!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us