DLP triangle shadow problem

Username: Phranchk

Post Number: 1
I hope someone can help me. I have a samsung 67" Dlp
tv model HLR6768. I've had it since October and until today it has worked perfectley. Today I noticed a triangle shadow in the lower left corner of the image. You can still see the image on the tv it just has a blue opacity to it. It's about 2-3" wide at the widest part and runs 1/3 to 1/2 way up the side. Could there be something wrong with the mirrors? Do I need a new bulb? Any help would be great. Thanks

Username: Telliott60

Ithaca, MI USA

Frank: I have had the same issue with my Optoma RD65. It started as a dark area along the right side, wider at the top - at first, it was only visible when viewing wide-screen images - a few months later, it started to infringe on the 4x3 picture too.

About 2 months ago, it suddenly changed and involved the whole screen - it has a diagonal stripe (top left to bottom right) area that is normal - the remaining triangle on top is dark and then there is a retangle along the bottom as well - wierd pattern! (almost looks like a reflection of something inside the cabinet).

The picture is still visible - just has this pattern superimposed on it - very distracting!

Hope someone out there can explain this.

Username: Dandeter

My Optoma RD65 just went through the same degradation as Tom's. I will report back if I learn anything.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us