Newbie Pansat 3500 SD 0% quality

Username: Nikp

Post Number: 2
Hello,im having trouble setting up my pansat to start working. I can't seem to get any quality %
at all, while the bar above jumps everywhere. Also when I just boot up the device it says "No signal". Im using a Pansat 3500SD reciever(march 18 firmware) with a dual LMB dish. I just temporarly placed my dish outside on my backyard patio looking at the southern sky, there's not much obstructiong it except a small tree and a few branches.

Username: Hitdog042

Post Number: 5
YOu have to make sure it's pointed correctly. What zip code are you in, and are u using a dish 500 dish?

Post Number: 4
My zipcode is m3c2b9 and I dont quite understand 500? 24 inch oval dish

Post Number: 5
Oh ya Im in Canada, Ontario forgot to say.

Username: Hitdog042

Post Number: 6
Not sure I can help you. What are you trying to receive? DishN?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1808
Use the hundreds of Dish Pointing files located at

dsstester.c*om
dsscommunity.c*om

Post Number: 6
Im trying to postition the dish to Nimq1 sattelite, but I cant seem to get any quality.

Post Number: 7
I just walked through a few streets near me and saw some homes had Bell Express VU pointing south east so I also adjusted mine to that location, but I still cant seem to get even 1% quality, but I am getting average 77% percent level which I dont have a clue what is for. I think I may need to put the dish on a higher level maybe on my home roof, but I really would like to get some more input from you guys.

Bronze Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 21
Nick, you should really have the dish in a fixed position, say attached to a wall/roof or whatever. Put it where you plan on having it, not just on your deck. And line of site is important. That tree or bush you mention might not have anything on it now, but how much will the leaves come in by summertime?
Once you do and you have it mounted and pointed in the direction of the other dishes in the neighborhood, you have to make slight adjustments left/right and up/down to get the level and quality into a decent range.
If you don't have any testing equipment like a sat signal finder, best thing to do is hook a small tv up to the receiver and have it outside while you try dial it in.

Post Number: 8
Thanks for reply, yeah I was just trying to see if I can get get a signal on ground before I put it somewhere higher, but I guess im going to have to place it on my roof. I just have one question, how accuratly must the sattelite be postitioned to get a clear signal?

Bronze Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 23
Depends on the receiver. Some need a real strong signal (80% or more), some don't (40%).
First set your level to a decent number, say above 75%. That's the angle of the dish (up/down). Then get the quality as high as you can (left/right).
If you start seeing 'waiting for pic' message, wait a bit and see if the channels start coming in. If they come in clean/clear, tighten the bolts and go watch tv.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us