Toshiba 27AF42 vs. Sony WEGA 27FS100

Anonymous
I recently purchased a Toshiba 27AF42,but I am contemplating whether to return it for a the Sony WEGA 27FS100. Does anyone have any opinions on which TV is better?

Anonymous
I like the Toshiba 27AF42 over the Sony. Why on earth would you want to return that set it's very nice?

When I was looking for a 27" flat screen, I whittled it down to 3 sets: Toshiba 27AF42, Sony 27FS100 and the AKAI CFT2791. I ruled out the Toshiba because it didn't have vertical compression and I really wanted that feature. Consumer Reports ranks the Toshiba 27AF42 as the #1 27" set. It's very nice and I found some great sales on the Toshiba. I eventually bought the AKAI which I am very happy with. Great picture and features for the price. I will be in the market for a 36" set in about 1 year and I have already started looking. So far the Toshiba 36AF42 is leading the charge. I would say if vertical compression isn't important to you, then keep the Toshiba. I thought the picture was better than the Sony. Good luck with your decision and I hope this helps.

Tracker
I think that Consumer Reports "reports" are lacking in depth and technical detail. They consistantly fail to critique what is really important in products. Its as if they don't even read a REAL enthuisiasts magazine or web site before "critiquing" a unit. I could get a similar review from my grandmother!

For TV's you want 16:9 compression, and the ability to turn off Velocity Scan modulation. 16:9 makes DVD's look much better, and the ability to turn off the VSM makes for better pictures as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us