Pioneer DV-656A

mike
This player's features seem a little too good to be true at this price point. Does anyone have any experience with this player and/or have any opinions on the quality of audio/video playback through it?

mike
No responses to this post?

Oh well....never mind I just found out that Pioneer is releasing the ultimate DVD player this May. Its the DV-563A and it is a Progressive Scan DVD player that will play DVD-Audio, SACD's, MP3's, WMA's, and image files!!! Check out the press release on their website.

All of this for a mere $270 bucks US!! I dont know about anyone else but after hours and hours of looking for the affordable player with all the features I wanted, I think we have a winner people!!!

It does do that thing where it converts the SACD digital audio to PCM, shouldn't be a problem. I'm thinking i'll get one. I just hope it doesn't have the chroma upsampling error. If you havn't seen this already, there is a preorder at oneCall.com for that player, and it's only $197.00!

Andrew
It's at audioadvisor.com for $179. I'm just hoping that it has digital output for everything (including SACD, no player does yet).

TonyW
Got mine 4 days ago. BestBuy for 179.00. I love it. I'm not a Techhead. Third DVD-A unit I've had and this is certainly the cleanest sounding unit of the three, Crisper cleaner surround seperation than JVC FA90 or Panasonics F85. I like very much!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us