ViewSonic LCD 4050

Username: Loslakes

Post Number: 4
I have another thread out there about getting a Plasma from my brother-in-law. That deal fell through, but he has a friend that works for ViewSonic and he said we can get the 40" LCD 4050 for $2,000. Is that worth it?

Post Number: 5
We decided that this was too good a deal to pass up. We get the TV tonight, I hope it works out.

Post Number: 6
This is driving me crazy. Now we can't get that TV, but we can get the N4060W (40' LCD) or the N4200W (42"LCD). We can actually get the bigger one for a little less right now, but the smaller one comes with a HD tuner. I have no clue what that means. They are both HDTV ready, but only one has the HD Tuner. Does that mean I need to get a new cable box for the other one? I am so confused.

Silver Member
Username: Ncavman

N.C.

Post Number: 121
If you get a display without a HD tuner you will have to use a HD cable box or satellite box to get HD TV. If you get one with a built in HD tuner you can receive over-the-air HD signals with an antenna and still have the option of using HD cable box or cable card (if equipped) or HD satellite box.

If you going to use a digital cable box you do not require an onboard HD tuner. "Cable card" technology, which allows you to receive digital cable without a cable box, still has some drawbacks.

If you 'have no clue' (your words) about this maybe you should spend a little more time investigating before you make the purchase.

You are in good 42" plasma territory in that price range.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us