Pansat 2700a - Can't see 110 and 119 together

Username: Sarge_in

Post Number: 1
Hello,

I received my 2700a a couple days back and have been splitting hairs to set it up correctly. I read all the guides and loaded the 146 bin. I have 2 Dish 500 dishes, one with DPP lnb to see 110 and 119, and the other with a single lnb to see the 148. As everything is Dish Pro Plus, I have a single cable running from the LNBs to receiver for all 3 satellites. And I am able to get all the satellites on my Dish receivers.

I run the cable directly to my Pansat 2700a (no diseqc used). I have the Echo 7 marked as Dish Plus, with diseqc on port 1; and the Echo 8.6 marked as Dish Plus, with diseqc on port 2. Next I do a blind scan on both the satellites. The weird thing is I get all the 110 channels - and sometimes all the 119 channels - but I never get them both together. I have tried switching ports and I have tried reversing the order in which I do the scans. But any of these options always give me only the channels of 1 satellite. I know I can see both of course because I sometimes see all the channels on both of them. How can I fix this???

Ultimately, I want to see the 148 as well at the same time, but that's for later once I have seeing 2 sats at the same time working!

Thanks!!

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1646
Try port 1 and 3 for 110-119...Disque ON

Post Number: 2
Tried that too LK - didnt help. Tried with 1 and 4 as well. Any other ideas? Thanks!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1655
TRy both on Disque #1.....U don't say if thats a DPP TWIN or 2 Dual DPP LNB's or 2 single DPP LNB's..

Upload

Post Number: 3
Both on 1 did not work as well.

My setup is exactly the way you have in the diagram above! Does that help?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1664
This setup works for everyone else...U must have hardware problem, cause this should be working fine.. only other thing I can suggest is U put the LNB type to standard or disque OFF..but that shouldn't fix your problem of ONLY 1 satellite at a time working..thats a switch issue, which is internal in that TWIN LNB with 110-119 ..but since it workd on DN receivers, that makes NO sense either..there is something U are not saying or doing in the physical setup (which U say is IDENTICAL to diagram) or FTA receiver settings, or U have haunted receivers..sorry can't help anymore, I covered all scenarios..

Post Number: 4
Thanks for trying LK! I don't think I have left anything out. The only outstanding thing is that the DN receiver is a dual-tuner one, so the cable that goes to that receiver has separators and diplexers. But that should not have any effect on the cable to FTA!

In fact, even I have almost given in to the idea that the FTA receiver is at fault. The only chink is I have seen some other posts about same issue and another friend who also bought the same also have the same exact issue. Weird! Oh well!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1689
I see U have asked around at other sites and received less help from them, then from me...questioning my abilities are we?...I told U, this makes NO sense...I have heard of some using the exact same setup with NO problems..I want to say u have a faulty TWIN DPP LNB (the interior switch), that is intermittent problem with ONLY FTA..but probably same problem with DN receivers if given some time..

yes, could be FTA receiver problem ...but U can easily check that out by going to another bud's house with it, who has FTA and working set up....or running it straight to the 148 bird at your house..

BTW...my game is on...no need to doubt me..U are NO longer a "sarge"...now U are an airman or seaman or private E2..I was an LT Col/05..retired 30 years military!

Post Number: 5
I never questioned your abilities - in fact am thankful that you have helped so far! I am just stumped by this and could find no other reason than - as you said - the DPP LNB or the FTA receiver itself! And the DPP LNB "seems" to be ruled out as I have had the DN receivers for more than 4 months now. Thanks a lot for your help! If you happen to think of anything else, I would jump at any options!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1692
I just spoke to an entire chat room full of many VERY knowledgeable people (all mod/admins) about this...they all say it should work...119-disque #1...110- disque #2...and both outputs must be from the dual side (110 LNB) of that TWIN LNB like in diagram above...cannot have output on right single side of the TWIN LNB under the 119 LNB....

1 guy kept saying that U cannot use a 3rd LNB and connect it to the TWIN as per the diagram..all agree that it MUST either be a defective LNB or a BAD CABLE FROM LNB TO FTA RECEIVER....so change that 1 cable and connections..see if that fixes it!

Post Number: 6
The outputs are as you described. To test the cable, I connected the FTA side cable to the DN receiver, and I got all the channels - 110, 119 and 148.

The other weird thing is if I delete the channel list and/or try a different bin and then rescan a certain satellite (e.g. 8.6), I get a different set of channels at different times. In fact I have got channels for 110, 119 and 148 all on the same satellite (not in the same scan of course). It is almost as if it doesn't care about the satellite and diseqc specified - it just does a scan on any ONE satellite and shows all the channels for that one!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1694
Now U are saying that your FTA will scan the 119 but pull in channels from the 148 or 110..I never heard of anything like that...its impossible,unless u are aligned incorrectly..

Sorry...can't help U anymore...if U ever discover this ghost in your receiver, please explain it and post back here..

Username: Mskid

hello LK.. i am having a similiar problem here is my setup. I have a cool 5000 because in an earlier post ur said get a cool 5000 and leave the roof alone. So dats wat i did. Here is my setup

i have two dishes dish pro twin (gets 119 n 110) and another satallite dat picks up 61.5. The two satallites are connected by a dp-21 (2x1 switch). DEre are two of thse 2x1 switches. One 2x1 for each reciever. One reciever is subbed. the other is the cool 5000. I only pick up 119 and not 110.
Please help thank you

Gold Member

Post Number: 1699
dp21 switch...seen sw21 switches..U need 1 DP 34 switch and configure your FTA receiver installation to disque settings ON Connect to #1 -119,#2 -110, #3- 61.5....LNB type- dish pro...freq 11250...sw legacy OFF

LK but in an earlier post u said a dp34 wasnt required with a cools*at 5000 plat

Bronze Member
Username: Pkaayaa

Metuchen, NJ USA

Post Number: 12
LK,
I have similar problem. I have dish pro twin as per the diagram above, but instead of 148, I have 61.5.
I tried scanning using different settings (standard/dish pro), diseq#1 through #4, using Echo 6,8, Echo 7, Echo 3. All I get is channels from 119 and 61.5 on all the three blind scans (same channels). I am also being able to view 119 channels and 61.5 channels on every sat.
However, Somehow I just couldn't get 110 channels.
Another thing is I have dish network subcription and that DN receiver gets all the channels from all the sats. I unplug the cable from this receiver and use it in FTA Pansat 3500S.
I had similar problem with Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra which I gave it away.

Post Number: 7
Ah - so I am not alone! And doesn't look like it is the receiver as well, because we now have same issue with other receivers too - just when I was thinking of trying another receiver to see if that fixed it.

Almost looks to me like these receivers are not able to figure out the DN switch. Both are working in their own right, just not with each other. Of course I am aware many people have it working. So I wonder what we are doing that is different from them! I have no clue as I am a complete newbie :-(, but if any of you (or others who may have experienced this) figure anything out PLEASE post it here and I will do the same. Thanks!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1701
MY...in earlier post we were talking about 2 LNB's and 1 receiver too..U cannot take words out of context and use in every case scenario!

pk...I beleive I just provided the fix in the post above to MY..its all hardware configuration and receiver installation settings!

well wat i am going to do iz remove my sw-21 switch
and connect the lnb to the fta... to c if dat works.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1702
Excuse me..MY and pk...I said DP34 switch, but I meant disque switch, if using ONLY FTA receiver/s..!

To get a bit technical, the dishpro's use an oscilator that runs at 25600mhz. this is mixed with the horizontal transp freqs and new freqs are generated. If you should wish to add additional dishes or LNB's to receive a third and even a fourth sat you must add a external 4x1 Diseqc switch. you must feed both port 1 and 2 with both(or in case of quad,2 )outputs. you can then add a third dish or LNB to port 3 and even a fourth to port 4.

Post Number: 5
so i am suppose to put a diseqc instead of a sw 21

Username: Pep

DPP LNB - do not scan channel using dpp use standard LNB .convert it to dishpro using channel master customized it using 25600.

Installation-set your lnb to standard 11250 freq
and assigned 119 to disecq 1 and 110 to disecq 2
and do not use disecq switch on the roof just one wire to connect to ur dpp lnb either 110 or 119 side.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1709
Mike...thats bogus info U copied....U can scan satellites...U do NOT have to use a custom DP channel list...and receiver settings for the DPP LNB is DP, not standard!

Post Number: 6
all u gotta do is remove the sw21 and connect 110-119 str8 to the fta. Now i get 119-110 together.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1716
MY...U must be referring to a TWIN dish pro LNB..otherwise a switch of some sort would be needed to combine the 2 signals into 1 cable...the switch type would be based upon the receiver type , # of receivers and LNB's..

Bronze Member
Username: Mzakcat

Post Number: 13
whaddabout 22k on 8.6-110
22k off 7-119
119 #1- even though plugged into #2
110 #4
that's what worked for me
i think my disceq was wired wrong internally cause my 119 is as above

Post Number: 7
yea dishpro twin

Username: Pep

Post Number: 2
LK why not try for yourself as ive been using it now for CSAT and pansat whenever i have installation for dpp. Ive been installing it for many of my friends since October up to the present.

Post Number: 8
Both the options given did not work either. Guess it's back to DN for me!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1737
I have been told U have to remove the seperators off the DP PLUS LNB's.....whatever they are!

Username: British

That happen to me before (begin of thread), and fixed internal sw does not work, wierd. use single lnb's and disecq or dp34, sit and watch tv

Username: British

All my lnbs was working perfect, disconect to change reciever, and happen the avobe problem. belive. internal sw damaged. all the rest you must know.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1740
sarge..

Lets get something straight about the dpp:

In order to get this lnb to work with an fta (this is yet tbd) you must have a dn ird hooked up to one of the ports.This is due to the power requirements of the switch. You can have the 3500s hook up on other port. From the dpp twin installation guide:

When connecting a Legacy receiver, a second receiver must also be connected to power the LNBF:
o
If the second receiver is DISH Pro or DP Plus, the DP Plus Twin will be fully functional.

o
If the second receiver is Legacy, the LNB IN port (for a second satellite dish) cannot be used.

In the above lines substitute legacy receiver for pansat 3500 because the power outputs are similar.This last statement is what we are trying to confirm with the pansats.So:

For 3 sat locations in a dpp: must use a dp ird and maybe a pansat 3500
For 2 sat locations in a dpp: must use 2 Pansats 3500

Otherwise you wont have enough power to drive the switches inside the dpp twin.

That should settle the issue

Gold Member

Post Number: 1741
sarge...per the diagram above and the FTA receiver settings I already provided U...this will work..

I got it to work as posted above !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did get it to work. Basically, 18v is required to power the DPP twin and if you look in the specifications of the 3500S Pansat, it has a LNB voltage of 12/18V, so it basically acts as the DP receiver and powers the LNB.

If I power the 3500s off, my legacy stops working though. As long as my 3500s is powered I can get both the legacy and the 3500s to work like a charm.

The only thing to note is that when I do a complete power down, I need to start the 3500s first and then power the legacy up. If I have the legacy turned on, then the 3500s cannot see any satellites if powered down and up.

Hope this helps. I have been playing with various configs and can get my setup to work consistently.

Username: Yanniss

to all my fellas. what is really weired is poeple they dont respect this site at all ., they talk about pansat2700 then jump to other receivers c.sat 3500 and bla bla bla bla you get poeple confused and lot of talks about different reveiver may not give great result . mister sarge pansat 2700 is different than collsat or view sat so the problem is simple u have to change the fat lnb that u r using for both 110 and 119 use 2 single ones and voilaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa that lnb may work perfect with c.sat but not pansat please go change them and write back your result anyway thanx to all we are here to help each other bye

Gold Member

Post Number: 1743
sarge is using a Dish pro Plus LNB TWIN ...it is FTA compatable...U are confusing the LEGACY TWIN with DP TWIN...the Legacy twin can only be used by FTA coo*lsat and viewsat receivers and DN receivers...

People hijack threads here because there is NO clear organized forums here with designated TOPIC areas!

Post Number: 10
Thanks all for your suggestions. LK - your comments gave me a ray of hope and led me to read further in the tech specs of the switches etc.

Bottom line - My dishes ARE connected to the DN 522 receiver, which apparently powers the LNB fine as it is a DPP receiver. Therefore, by the specs you quoted above, 3 sats should not be a problem, even if 1 legacy receiver (2700a) is attached. The only thing I could then think of was that maybe when I had originally scanned the sats, I may not have had the DN receiver ON. I don't know if that matters or not, but I decided to try it out. So i restored factory setting and removed the cable from the Pansat 2700a, and then made sure the DN 522 receiver was on to power the LNB. Then connected the cable back in to the 2700 and rescanned all the satellites. Alas, I still have the same issue :-(.

Now the only thing I could think of is maybe I need to use the "Dish Pro Adapter". Apparently it is required for legacy receivers connected to Dish Pro LNBs/switches, BUT apparently it is NOT required for Dish Pro PLUS LNBs/switches. Its manual does not say whether the only thing it does is power insertion or anything else - it just says legacy receivers need a Dish Pro adapter for DP LNBs/switches. Assuming the specs are all fine, I should NOT need the adapter as I have DPP LNBs, but I am out of other ideas now so maybe will give this a shot. Maybe I need it because one LNB (for the 148 sat) is Dish Pro (and not DPP). May take a few days to get it from ebay and then try it out.

LK - about the separators - they are installed on the cable that goes to the 522. As the 522 is a dual-tuner, it normally needs 2 cables. But with DPP technology they can implement it using the dish separators. But, they are connected after the LNBs between LNB and the 522 receiver. So it should not affect the sinal on the other cable going to the 2700. But I will give this a shot too nevertheless. THANKS!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Here is an excellent discussion of Dish Pro and Dish Pro Plus technologies for the technically oriented!

http://www.dbstalk.com/ekb/217

Gold Member

Post Number: 1747
Similar setup working,,,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a somewhat similar setup working, with some differences. I have a DPP looking at 110 & 119, with a third bird (61) fed to the input of the DPP lnb. I use only one output of the DPP, going straight to a Pansat 3500. Then I take the loopthru output to a DishNet 501. Either box works fine, as long as the other box is turned off.

You're using a legacy box on one of the DPP outputs, and you say it works fine. That's interesting, as I thought that you had to use an adapter (power inserter) when using a legacy unit with DishPro. But the DPP may be able to accomodate the legacy receiver, I'm not sure.

Just to help isolate where any troubles are, I'd recommend disconnecting the legacy receiver and doing a blind scan on the Pansat. You say you're using a channel list, so that might be part of the problem. You'll have to make sure your switch settings are matching the channel list.

I've had the best luck (actually, it was the only thing that worked for me) with doing a power down reset (from the remote, not the backside power switch) after scanning each bird. I had problems with it scanning the wrong satellite for a long time, but the power down trick fixed it.

By getting rid of the channel list, and blind scanning, you should be able to verify that your switch settings are proper. I use "DishPro" lnbf settings, with switch settings of 1 for 119, 2 for 110, and 3 for 61.

dishmoron

--------------------------------------------------

eqqmc2
Title: Registered User

Your setup is different: Since your have a dishpro ird connected on loopthru to the DPP you are still powering the DPP with the dp ird (even if your dp ird is turned off (but plugin into an outlet) it is still supplying power to the dpp lnb). In this case you have the best of both worlds as your pansat is ridding on the power supplied by the dp ird.As long as you have one dp ird connected and supplying power your dpp lnb is fully functional.

With legacy boxes you still need at 1 dp ird for the dpp twin to be fully functional.If you use 2 legacy irds then the 3rd lnb in port is not powered.

The DPP lnbs are directly hooked up to legacy boxes without adapter.

Hope this clears the differences

Gold Member

Post Number: 1748
cheddarbob
Title: Admin

Dish Pro Plus Working!!!!!

Ok guys, It can be done, I sucessfully got the Dishpro Plus working, just no Seperator, direct connection from the STB to the DPP LNB, Working like a normal Dish Pro setup. I don't have any seperators to test with, but if i get ahold of one, I will test.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
LK - I tried the power-reset-from-remote trick but it didn't work for me.

It looks like the switch inside the DPP LNB does not work well with the FTA receivers (e.g. see this post: http://www.future-fta.info/forum/showthread.php?t=12768&page=4).

Maybe if I disconnected the 148 there is a chance the 110 and 119 might work (as described in http://future-fta.info/forum/showthread.php?t=14462&page=3), but I really need the 148 as well.

I am getting the Dish Pro adapter to see if that does the trick. If not, I may go for the DPP 44 switch mentioned in the above posts.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1773
I have provide numerous posts here on how people did receive 3 sats using the DPP LNB's..no reason, there ways should not work for U..the Dish Pro DN receiver is the key in every post to get 3 sats..

Username: Soossoos

Hello every body,
I am a newbie trying to install my D**hNt, with Pansat 3500 SD:-)
The H/W configuration that I have:
Dish500 with TwinLNB DP for 110, 119. 2 cable running out of it to feed 2 rooms, and connected to the outside box that feeds the house.
Dish500 with DualLNB DP for 61.9.
Pansat 3500SD with 143 Bin installed.
What I did I connected the cable coming out of the wall ( 110,119) to the receiver Pansat3500 and I received all the channels on both satellites and every thing worked fine :up .
So its time to connect the 61.9, so I ran a cable out of the TwinLNB from extra port to use the switch embedded on it, and connected it to the 61.9 dish.
I went to Pansat Menu to Satellite and I saw that I lost the signal completely on all of the satellite, disconnected 61.9 and every thing worked fine again :confused:
So for testing I reconnect the 61.9, and I connected the DVR came with the DN installation to the cable coming out of the wall ( 119,110, 61.9) and I was able to see the signal full on all satellites tried multiple times and still able to see the signal but on Pansat3500 SD once I go to installation the signal will die .
So I ran a long cable from the 61.9 into the house and I used the DISEQC4x1 switch that came with pansat3500SD receiver and connected the cable from it to Port LNB3, and connected The cable from the wall to Port LNB1.

Went to Setup and I was hoping that I can change the DISEQC in 119 to 1, and 110 to 2, and 61.9 to 3 and have signal on all but Didnt work :-( I was able to pick up signal on DISEQC1= 119 Signal, and DISEQC 3 = 61.9 and no way to get 110 TPs or Channels any where.
I tried multiple switchs ( 21sw, 21xsw, DISEQC4x1 ) tried splitter for the cable of 110,119 and connect it to one of the switch but all failed.

Please Please Please send me what I have to have to pick up signal on all satellite on Pansat 3500SD..:confused:

Gold Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 1384
Go to al7bar.t*k join get all the answers. Remove the *.

Username: Bibbawibba

I have dish pro 500 with pansat 3500s. Newest bin with 40 hour epg. My problem has alwasys been that i get way more channels when i use echo 4 and 1.2 than i get on 8.6 and 7. I have triple checked my pointing angles. I have 99% on most transponders when i check 7 and 8.6. i also have good signal on most transponders on echo 4,3, 1.2, or any other echo satellite. How is this possible? Again the satellite echo 4 that reads 157 W downloads the most channels. I get the rest off echo 1.2 which reads 148 W. Using only those two i can get about 400 channels but i think i am missing alot still. any ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: Alwyzlosty

Post Number: 18
I can't seem to get any channels I have the right codes, sat sa=can shows nothing but they are at 90% any help pansat25ooa
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us