Help - DVD Player won't work on Panasonic Plasma HDTV

Username: Eslos

San Marcos, TX USA

Post Number: 1
I have been trying to connect my RCA DVD player to our new Panasonic 42" Plamsa HDTV with monster component cables and it just doesn't work. I think I am doing it right. Green to green, blue to blue, red to red, and hook up the audio cables too..... and it still doesn't work. I have tried using input 1 and input 2 on the TV and nothing. Any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Rysa4

Post Number: 428
Get an S-video cable and go with that from DVD player to display. Disconnect any other inputs and be sure the display is set correctly for the s-video input.

This is just a test to be sure vid signal can be displayed.

Silver Member

Post Number: 429
BTW- can you hear anything from the audio hook up? And are you sure the display is on?

Username: Eslos

San Marcos, TX USA

Post Number: 2
Marc,

I usually have the DVD hooked up with the S-video cable but my wife likes to use the Karaoke with the TV. I can hook up the Karaoke to the TV and get the picture. I could have everything hooked up that I want to use but that means hooking up the DVD with the component cables and that doesn't seem to work. I just want to avoid having to connect and disconnect "stuff" every time I want to use the karaoke. I should be able to have everything on there at the same time....if only the DVD player would work with the component cables. I don't know what I am doing wrong......

What do you mean by audio hook up? When I hook up the component cables and audio cables for the DVD I don't get a picture nor sound.

Any suggestions,

Silver Member

Post Number: 435
The audio hook up question was baout the function of the DVD player. I was wondering if you hear DVD sound but no picture.

Two sugestions-- okay three.

1. Set your DVD player to progressive out component and run to component in display with Nothing else connected. A long time agao, use of certain simultaneous input on the panasonics wasnt possible. One disabled the other.

2. Do the same thing with a second DVD player.

Lets be sure the DVD player component out actually works. Or try it with another display.

3. Lastly- consider a switcher box. Run everything vid into the box with ONE component out put to the display.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us