Samsung DVD P421. Yes or no?

Dan
Does anyone know anything about Samsung? Good? Bad? I'm thinking about buying my first DVD Player and Best Buy has this one on sale for $99.99.
Circuit City has the P721M on sale for $129.99, but I don't really need the memory stick slot.
Any comments?

Dan
I was really hoping to get some feedback this week before the sale goes off. Anyone?

Derek
According to Sound and Vision Magazine Samsung is good. Not the best but certainly good.

Philips, Panasonic and Toshiba have been producing slightly better results at Sound and Vision.

A bunch of other reviews can be found at
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_7_3/dvd-benchmark-introduction-9-2000.html

Dan
Well, Derek, I bought the Samsung DVD-P421 Progressive Scan DVD Player. After reading a positive 4 page review from the Home Theater archives dated Aug. 2002, plus the fact that Best Buy knocked another $15.00 off their sale price which got it down to $84.99 with the option of taking it back within 30 days if I don't like it I didn't figure I could go wrong.
I just got it hooked up this afternoon. After I play with it for a few days I'll come back and post my comments if anyone's interested.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us