Optimal settings.

Username: Zazookle

Post Number: 1
I have just spent over $3,000 on my setup yesterday and now I need a disc.....WTF!!!

I have a 37" Westinghouse LCD....Can someone give me the optimal settings for this set....Thanks.

Post Number: 2
If anyone has this tv I would apppreciate the settings....Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 111
West the disc Digital Video Essentials cost about $25. Buy it and use it to set up your TV in your room and light level.

Post Number: 3
I have it on backorder but just thought someone here may have this set and would share their settings for each connection....

Post Number: 4
Who has this tv? Share your settings please....Thanks...

Silver Member
Username: Ncavman

N.C.

Post Number: 120
Westing House... You need to figure out your own settings. All cable boxes and DVD's output differenct color levels, everyone uses different cabling, and everyone has theur TV in rooms with differeing light levels and color reflections.

All of these things are reasons that YOU need to calibrate your set in your room with your sources. No one can give you the magic settings for your unique room/lighting/sources/etc.

Casey gave you the gold: Buy or rent an AVIA or DVE calibration DVD and be done in 30 minutes.

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 297
Also key thing is here you have a westinghouse.That may be why your not getting many responses :-)

Username: Angelsfann02

San bernardino, Ca Usa

Post Number: 3
Okay- Lets be nice! Just Kidding. Anyways, I bought the Vizio 50" Plasma (also not so mainstream). Boy is it sharp! I dont notice any fan noise, Maybe Vizio fix the cooling fan problem w/earlier models. The picture is awesome.I guess i'm not one for big name brands either- Costco has a good return policy just in case.

Silver Member
Username: Rysa4

Post Number: 439
The Vizio has been reviewed in detail. IN any case, each display needs to be self calibrated. Adopting someone elses settings even for the same display doesnt work very well.

Different lighting environments for instance will immediately lead to diffferent brightness levels on calibration. You can do it without a disc-- please search for " The Steaming Rat Method" thread by R Harkness at avsforum.com in the plasma section. It may be a sticky thread at the top due to its popularity.

Bronze Member
Username: Skasol

Post Number: 40
Westing House

it's hard for people to share their settings on the tv, because it may not suit your lighting conditions, distance from the couch etc, you need to get your own disc, like you said you spent 3K on a new set up, what's another 25 bucks. enjoy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us