New TV with Component Input Questions

Username: Nataku954

Post Number: 1
Hello...I purchased a new 27" RCA TruFlat CRT TV this week and have noticed that it has Component Inputs. I use this television mainly for my PS2 (which is currently hooked up via S-Video). I play both games and movies through my PS2 and I am wondering whether or not I should go out and buy the $25 Component cables. Will they improve my video quality at all or will i not see a difference over S-Video? Also if I do get these will my dvd's play at 480i or 480p through the PS2? Below are the links to the TV information and the cable information. Any input would be appreciated.

TV:
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-Component-Video-Cable-97032-/sem/rpsm/oid/31 566/catOid/-13247/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Username: Mofoknows

Post Number: 5
"Will they improve my video quality at all or will i not see a difference over S-Video?" Yes, you should notice an obvious improvement.

"Also if I do get these will my dvd's play at 480i or 480p through the PS2?" Depends on PS2 capability. 480p if setting is available and activated.

Post Number: 2
Thank You

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2471
That's not a digital TV, you can't use progressive scan.

Post Number: 3
From what i have read 480p is supported by standard definition televisions. Here is the site where i found that information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/480p

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2472
You're reading wrong. SD TVs do not do progressive, period. If you want progressive, you need a digital TV.

Bronze Member
Username: Mofoknows

Post Number: 16
Massey is right.

Post Number: 4
Thanks for your input. I picked up the cables the other night anyway for the improvement over my current s-video hookup and it is pretty nice...i dont if there is much of an improvement..or if im just convincing myself that there is because i payed $25 for the cables...but it seems alright to me
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us