Newbie help for sat 119 & 110

Username: Woofy

Post Number: 5
Hi guy's..been reading up on this for about a month or so and finally bought a cool 5000 & an 18" direct tv dish with 2 dual lnb and the 110..119 bracket..i downloaded cool loader 2.2 and the new 120 file..no problems there..been up on the roof all weekend with a satellite finder trying to find sat 119 to start me off..then i thought i could just add the other lnb and bracket to pick up 110...thing is all i can find is 110 and it's working great 97% and all channels are fine..but for the life of me i can't see 119 sat..if anyone could help with some good tips..would be much appreciated..p.s my dish is on the roof with a clear line of site everwhere.

Bronze Member
Username: Abj

Post Number: 82
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1476
119 is to the right about an inch and elevated about an inch from the 110 as U face the front of the dish..here is a picture of both strapped together with the 119 on the right...actually the holder should pretty much do that for U when u slip that 119 LNB into it..

Upload
Upload

Post Number: 6
Thank you for the good advice..just been up on the roof and put the bracket on as shown..still i am only picking up 110..i'm thinking could it be the menu settings in the sat 5000..i am using the 4x1 diseqc switch..does it matter what lnb goes into the switch..like 119 for lnb1 or vise versa.

thank's guys

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
if you are connecting 119 to disq. 1 than make sure you go into your receiver and configure your setting to port 1 and 110 to port 2

Bronze Member
Username: Fruitcakes

Post Number: 37
nice redneck setup there thrill...maybe you should start making them and selling them...that way you can pay off your mobile home much faster...ROTF

Gold Member

Post Number: 1478
kneegrows...I do sell them...then go coon hunting!

Post Number: 7
Hey thank's guy's , i had the bracket the wrong way, 119 going in to the main shaft..plus my ports were set the opposite way....dohhhh

Thank's again

Post Number: 8
Not so fast..guess i got to excited there..now i am only picking up either 110 or 119 depending on turning the dish left or right...119 at the moment..what might i be doing wrong..i did have 2 sats at the same time one was 110 and the other was unknown network..could one of my dual lnbs be faulty?

elevation 30.6
azimuth 220.3

elevation 25.7
azimuth 229.9

any ideas please.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1496
it should be very simple to get both ,once U get the first!...I hope U are running cable direct to receiver with no switch, while trying to find the birds...anything is possible about an LNB, but unlikely..switch the LNBs, then U will know...duh!...I believe "operator error" is the fault ..

Post Number: 9
Hmmm..duh yea i have had the switch on while trying to find the birds..i take it this is a no no.

so if i go direct from the reciever to lnb and find 110 at good strenth, then i should just be able to turn on 119 lnb and hook up the switch.

thanks LK

Gold Member

Post Number: 1501
run each cable directly from each LNB to receiver...find each satelllite...then scan each satellite, after U have loaded the factory bin...then hook up disque switch and configure the receiver antennae/LNB/disque/Port settings...then upload the latest autoroll bin...set default key..watch TV..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1502
run each cable directly from each LNB to receiver...find each satelllite...then scan each satellite, after U have loaded the factory bin...then hook up disque switch and configure the receiver antennae/LNB/disque/Port settings...then upload the latest autoroll bin...set default key..watch TV..

BTW...do not ever mess with disque switches with power ON...U will blow them quickly!

Post Number: 10
Ok thank's.. i followed your instructions.
and both 110 an 119 are coming in when hooked up separate, but after hooking up disque switch only 119 sat is available.

i have 110 on main shaft set to port 2
i have 119 on right of dish as you face it set on port 1.

is my disque switch done..i may have had the power on at one time.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
check your disq. setting in antenna se up.
110-2 , 119-1 in your receiver

Gold Member

Post Number: 1511
Rob...U MUST always follow thru...NEVER do something half azz...

then hook up disque switch and configure the receiver antennae/LNB/disque/Port settings

Do as justice says!...U should have READ a setup guide (1-2 pages)before U started this!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Hi yes..i have it set that way.

cool 5000 dish settings

lnb power - on
lnb type - legacy twin LNB1
lnb freq - 11.250
22 khz - off
disque switch - 1.0
committed - 1
legacy sw - off

level green 94%
quality 91%

lnb power - on
lnb type - legacy twin LNB2
lnb freq -11.250
22 khz - off
disque switch - 1.0
committed - 1
legacy sw - off

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Yes you are totaly right there..would you happen to have a link for a good setup guide..

feel like such a clutz now.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
once again change your setting in your receiver
leave 119 alone , for 110 disq switch from (1) to (2)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1516
Change 110 from COMMITTED from 1 to 2...also change the LNB type to STANDARD on both the 110 and 119...legacy twin is not right...legacy is OK, but not twin!

and here's a coo*lsat 5000 setup guide..

[link removed]&sid=bf6095ab24415fcd9ceb55027beb58c3

BTW...U must register first at www.dsscommunity.c*om Forums ...REMOVE the * in the word .C*OM in my 2 links here..then copy and paste into your search browser..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
here is screen shot. Just change on 110 committed
1 to 2Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
Sorry it didn't come out right

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
let me try again on 110 just change commited to 2

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Ok changed the committed from (1) to )2) and bingo all systems go..
Thanks LK
Thanks Justice

If you were closer i would buy you botha beer.
Thank,s again

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
Thanks for the offer. Well just kick back and watch tv, enjoy one for me.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
oh..one more thing..how important is changing the lnb type..its working fine..plus i don;t have an option for standard lnb.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
if it ain't broke leave it alone

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
gotcha

Gold Member

Post Number: 1519
Good advice..leave it alone,if it ain't broke...but I would highly suggest using www.dsscommunity.c*om as your home DSS site, not here..they have a good Coo*lsat section with all the latest files and tutorials..and nice people...also in the chat, there are many coo*lsat owners..dsstester is another good site

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Grea!t thanks very much LK.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us