Dvd burners

Username: George12

Garden grove, California

Post Number: 1
Hi guys ! am looking into buying a dvd burner,i got in mind the sony direct dvd burner. can anyboby tell me if thats a good choice? or what the hottes thing out there that its easy to use?
thanks

Username: Lissac67

Post Number: 2
Well, I just bought that one too. I am trying to copy VHS tapes. I can record from TV with no problem and it is easy to use. I just haven't figured out how to record teh VHS tapes yet.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2455
Are we talking DVD burner or standalone recorder?

Username: George12

Garden grove, California

Post Number: 2
the sony direct dvd is a standalone. whats the diference between both burner or recorder? hey david whats the best product to used to copy from dvd to dvd? thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2458
A burner is in a PC, a standalone records from cable, satellite, etc. DVD to DVD, a PC burner.

Username: Cuddles000

Post Number: 1
David, I have read through hundreds of posts, and know you recommend the pioneer recorder (220), but have only been able to find it refurbished. I see so many different other pioneers for sale. I'm new at this and am not sure what I should even be looking for in a recorder, so if you could make picking a recorder as painless as possible--I will promise you my 1st child lol. Could you recommend a few models? I would like to copy my disney etc dvds for my grandchildren. I understand I have to get the stabilizer--I will go with the MCM as you recommended and the Taiyo Yude dvds. Thanks

Username: Lissac67

Post Number: 4
I had to return my SOny as it did not work. I got the Panisonic from Best Buy. It was rated best in Consumter Reports. So far, so good. It seems easier to use than alot of them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2474
Pat, copying DVDs on a standalone recorder doesn't work very well, a PC is a lot better. I like the Toshiba D-R4 picture quality better than anything else I've seen. I haven't had it long enough to say how reliabile it is though. There's a place called Returns Central on ebay that has them come up almost every day, I've seen them sell as cheap as $35 before tax and shipping. They are untested store returns, so you take a chance on it not working, but for that price you can buy 3 of them for the price of a new one. The 2 I bought both work fine and had all accessories and manuals.

Bronze Member
Username: Mofoknows

Post Number: 30
You can achieve SVHS quality on a stand alone DVD recorder with the right stabilizer. You do lose the original dolby digital or dts soundtracks since sound will be recorded through analog jacks and converted generally to dolby 2.1. But in general Massey is right. I took his advice on this issue and am very pleased with the results.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us