Pansat 3500sd - frozen

Username: Pansatnewuser

Post Number: 1
new user. I just loaded my pansat 3500sd with the new 143x bin from dsscentral. The reciever rebooted and now wont turn on. it has power, but just says "b-70" in the lcd display. no picture. I can't seem to reset it by unplugging it. It won't respond at all. I loaded the program with the sd card. Any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1454
I have a post in the archives here about b-70 ...U should read it..may take a few minutes to find it..

Username: Pansatnewuser

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the help LK. I found your post, now I just need to get the cable to hook it up to my PC. I've been using the SD card slot up to this point.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1458
good luck Fred..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1479
3500 - Complete Loading Instructions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to Load and Save Files to the Pansat 3500S

3500 - THE SD/MMC WAY:

Insert virgin SD/MMC card into receiver.

Press [menu]

Select [SD Memory]

Note: Receiver will automatically create 3 directories on the card:

CH Data Backup
Code Backup
MP3

(For Virgin cards only -Take the card out at this point and load your unzipped bin or channel list file to the card in the appropriate directory. Now put the card back in and re-access via menu as stated above.)

Select bin file in appropriate directory, main directory, [ch data backup] or [code backup]

Press [OK]

Select [data restore]

Press [OK] to load, receiver will automatically load, confirm, then reboot.

TO SAVE DATA

Insert SD/MMC card into receiver.

Press [menu]

Select [SD Memory]

Select an appropriate directory, main directory, [ch data backup] or [code backup] by using [up or down arrows] and [OK]

Press RED button in left bottom corner of remote.

Name your file on the alphanumeric screen file by scrolling via [arrows] to next character and then pressing [OK] for each character or [del] to correct a character. To save selected name, press [OK] on the alphanumeric screen.

Bin File will then write automatically to the correct directory.

Size of files:
CH = 352 kb
Code = 768 kb

Use GREEN button (beside the RED button) to delete selected and unwanted
files.

MP3 PLAYBACK

a) Insert SD CARD into the eceiver SD CARD slot.
b) Select SD memory at Main Menu and press OK button.
c) Select MP 3 file downloaded from PC and press OK button.
d) Select the MP 3 file to play and press OK button.
e) For multiple MP 3 play, use left/right volume buttons to select or cancel the files to play.
All selected files (up to 20) will be played one by one.

THE OLD, but still needed, NULL MODEM, WAY:

Also required way to RECOVER FROM b-70 LOCK-UP ERRORS - which may be caused by corrupted or improper bins - channel or code.

1) Using the switch on the back of the receiver, turn the power OFF.

2) Connect RS232 Null Modem(#2,3 crossed) cable between the receiver and PC.

3) Open the GTRom Loader V3.36 or V3.37 (Pansat 3500S).

4) Click and browse to select the unzipped Factory Bin File which is to be downloaded.

5) Select FILE TYPE: APP FILE ONLY

6) Power up the 3500 with the switch on the back and as soon as you see the front display flash b-70, hit the download button of the GTRom loader.

7) Do not interrupt the receiver or its' power while downloading until after it re-boots on its own.

8) Press OK after "Download Complete!!" appears on the PC screen.

Unless you need to re-flash from a constantly displayed b-70, you really should use the SD card - it's faster and easier on the cables and equipment.

SW Data Transfer

(Receiver to Receiver)

1) Connect Null Modem RS 232 Cable (Pin #2 & 3 twisted) between master and slave receiver.

2) Leave the slave receiver power on condition all the time until completion of date transfer.

3) Hook up the master receiver to the TV and select "SW Transfer" at "User Setup" screen.

4) Select "Ver Code" or "Ch Data" by using Vol <or> button.

Then press "CH" button to start transfer.

During data transfer, processing percentage will be displayed on the screen.

Warning! Do not disturb data transfer by touching any Remote button, RS232 Cable, IF Cable, RCA Cable etc, during data transfer period until "Please wait for saving" message disappeared. Interruption of data transfer could damage the receiver's flash.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1480
Changing TP's - How to Fix with 3500s

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changing TP's are happening again.

Noticed that some PPV channels were not showing up with programming in the EPG, ie 514, 515 on Echo 8.6, and sure enough, they were blank channels

Solutions (saved the best for last. - do what works for you!!):

First try turning the receiver off and on, using the switch at the back, not the remote. This re-sets the computer within the 3500. - quick remedy, just in case it's not a TP changing problem.

If that does not work, then:

Use an updated channel list (There you go Kokes!! LOL)

If none is available, which is what I exoect to be the case, then you have these options:

Nuke all channels and Blind scan the sat(s) again.

Blind Scan Polarity should be Vertical ONLY for DishPro LNB's

Note: On the missing or blank channel, press the OK button. At the bottom of the pop up screen you will see the sat and the frequency for that channel. Make a note of it.

Now, go into the TP Scan, TP selections.

You will note that the EXACT frequency for the missing channel is NOT listed. It's close, but no cigar. Therefor a normal TP scan will MISS the channels.

The TP scan will not find the changes because the frequency is not that of the listed TP frequency, It's just a bit off and that means the channels will be missed during a TP scan

Setting Default keys again, will also NOT bring in the TP changes.

Hint: every time I scan, I start with a different sat and save to SD after each sat scan. This way, I can choose the 119 and 61 combo as the starter CH load and just scan 110. Saves time in the long run. Just remember to delete any old saved combos that includes the newly updated sat.

BUT THERE ALSO IS AN EASIER WAY!! - WITHOUT NUKING CHANNELS!!

First, on the channel that says no signal, hit the OK button and write down the frequency of the changed TP and which sat it is on

. ie: TP 12600, sat echo 8.6

Go to installation menu and choose Advanced Scan

In the top row, manually enter 12600 as the frequency

Go down below and highlight Video PID

Press OK, wait for scan to finish, some 16 channels will show up in the above example, exit to programming and all will be fine

Now this is the long read to the solution, LOL, but it's gonna take you a lot less time to read and do it than it took for me to try and discover all these solutions - so that I may guide you to which way is best - and hopefully, you've learned something along the way

Username: Al_bundy

Post Number: 8
now that tp scan info is what im looking for,
one question.
i fi do a blind scan and say i dont get channel 307.
307 wont be in the list, so i punch it in by remote,how will it know the tp if the channel was never there?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1486
By the way if you want the EPG to update (give you two days of programming) then you should hit EPG while on any channel on TP 19 (CNN, HNN, HBO-W or SHOW-TOO all work). Otherwise the EPG shows the next two shows on each channel.

Username: Pkaayaa

Metuchen, NJ USA

Post Number: 9
LK, You are really a great person who is always ready to help.

I read actully most of your posts.

Great work, LK

Gold Member

Post Number: 1539
BTW...that Changing TP's thread works on ALL Pansats, not only the 3500!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us