Help 4 year old Mitsu convergence issue

Username: Joe603

Post Number: 1
This TV is only 4-years old, and I'm starting to have problems...Its a 55inch (WS-55809)

Sometimes when I first turn it on, the picture looks almost like a 3-D movie without the glasses. Its almost as if the convergence goes way off. I've tried to use the "back to factory default" in the convergence menu, but it just flickers and stays out of focus. It seems to snap back to normal when I hit the bottom right corner on the back.

Can anybody tell me why my new $3,500 TV is doing this, and how to fix it?

Username: Planeracer

Post Number: 6
Bad soldering connections under ic8001 and ic8002
Just a resolder them. that it.

Username: Joe603

Post Number: 2
I have no idea where the ic8001/8002 boards are...can you give a description of the location, or a picture? I have since vacuumed out the dust and cleaned the lenses. It hasn't done it again (yet). Thanks for your help!!

Username: Planeracer

Post Number: 8
Location # IC8001 and IC8002. If you take a back
off you will see a 3 big boards. Look at middle
one. If you look from back you will see a big heatsink . 2 of that ic's mounted on that. You
have to remove 3 screws from boards plastic frame
all 3 boards mounted on that frame. 1 screw on
middle 1 on left 1 on rigth side. they will be front side of frame. remove them and unpulag all
cables. All cables has a letters on them like PM RF VA .... You will need to romove whole frame with boards and flipped over and you will need resolder all pins on ics IC8001 and 8002. That it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us