Buying - net versus brick and mortar

Username: Dougg

Atlanta, GA

Post Number: 8
So, we are thinking about buying a Sony KDS-R50XBR1. CC and BB have it for $3500 in their stores. It can be had at any of about a dozen net dealers for about $800 less. I would pay a few hundred difference for the peace of mind if any issues arise but that is substantial. Does anyone have any advice on choosing between the two, assuming that the net dealers are selling new product? Any issues with warranties? Is the extended warranty the same at both or can that be had directly through Sony? Any experiences good or bad with any specific net dealers. Thanks for the advice.

Bronze Member
Username: Johnd7

Post Number: 16
I ordered my Sony 50 in from butterflyphoto.com and had a good experience. I would also recommend Brian from tapeworkstexas.com who is around on this board alot. It just depends on if he has to charge you tax for your state. I know others around here have there favorites online.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 632
A few hundred difference for 30 days of peace of mind isn't worth it. That's all you get from CC or BB before they turn you over to the service side. Some have reported that managers will push you to service before 30 days if you seem soft.

Use a credit card and find your best price online. Some cards double the manufacturer's warranty. All have buyer protection. Why pay more? I don't fund storefronts anymore.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us